Payback (Fourthwheelshipping)

I will probably end up making most of these one-shots Fourthwheelshipping. What can I say, it's amongst my favourite ships for some reason, along with Amour, Appeal, Laserblade, and Rocket. But be warned, my writing style is much more suited to multi-chapter works, so I don't write one-shots very often. Especially when I'm pretty much making this one up as I go. But anyway, I'll stop talking now and let you read this first one-shot.

Clemont loved his sister, but there was one or two things about her that drove him crazy. Namely, her obsession with finding a 'keeper' for him. It was so bad, that he basically had his Aipom Arms at the ready the moment any girl his age walked by. He always hoped that someday she'd grow out of it, but at 12 she still showed no signs of stopping. He always longed for a chance to do it back to her, but unfortunately she never showed any signs of being interested in boys her age, so he never got the chance. That is, until their old friend Ash Ketchum contacted them.

Bonnie had recently competed in the Kalos League, but unfortunately lost. She came in the top 8 though, which was impressive for her first time. But still, she was disappointed that she failed to win. So, Clemont called their old friend Ash to try and see if he could cheer her up. Ash assured her that she didn't need to worry about losing, and that he lost every league he entered until Alola. Then he became Monarch after that. This seemed to cheer Bonnie up. Then, Ash offered the two of them to come down to Hoenn so that Bonnie could give the Hoenn League a try. Clemont was hesitant at first, but eventually decided to agree to it when Ash told him that he had friends who lived there that could look after her. And, when he mentioned that one of them was a boy Bonnie's age, Clemont couldn't help but grin to himself.

Clemont and Bonnie boarded the next flight to Hoenn that they could catch. Bonnie was practically bouncing in her seat with excitement. Finally, she'd be journeying in a Region other than Hoenn, and she couldn't wait. Clemont was excited too. Not only would he be seeing his old friend again, but also because of this boy who was Bonnie's age. He couldn't wait for Bonnie to meet him, as it may be his chance to get revenge for all those times Bonnie embarrassed him by asking random girls on the road to marry him. The plane landed and when the two walked out of the airport, they saw Ash waiting for them. Bonnie ran over to him and hugged him, happy to see him again. Clemont was happy to see him too, and the two shook hands.

As Ash led the two from the airport in Petalburg to where his friends lived, Bonnie was excited to meet new people. She secretly hoped that one of them was a girl Clemont's age, so she could ask her to take care of him. Perhaps Clemont noticed this, because he readied his Aipom Arms, just in case. The place they were going to turned out to be the Petalburg Gym. Ash led them to the building, where two people came out to greet them. One of them was a girl. At first Bonnie was happy, but then she realised that she was Ash's age, and he was already with Serena. The girl had long brown hair and wore a red bandana and red top. The next person to leave the building was a young boy. 

Bonnie stopped dead, and felt her face warm up a bit. This boy was the cutest she had ever met. He was her age, with short black hair, a pair of glasses, a green jacket, a white t-shirt and red trousers. She didn't have this reaction with any other guy on her journey, despite many of them trying to win her over. So, how was it that this boy did it without even saying a word. "Hey Ash!" the girl called, leading her little brother over to them. Ash and the girl hugged, then he introduced everyone. "Clemont, Bonnie, this is May and Max. May, Max, this is Clemont and Bonnie." 

May and Clemont shook hands respectfully, but Max and Bonnie both went quite red while they did the same. "Why am I feeling this!?" she thought as she shook the boy's hand. Max Meanwhile was thinking something similar. "What's going on?" he thought to himself. "Why do I feel like this? She's just a girl who's Ash's friend. I mean, sure she's cute but- Wait what? What did I just think!?" The two stopped shaking hands and continued to stare at each other bashfully. Clemont noticed and almost did a dance of celebration at the sight. Without a second thought he ran over to the boy and said, "You're a keeper! Please take care of my little sister!" 

Bonnie and Max went so red at that that you could mistake them for two Applin. Max stuttered at that while Bonnie began apologising profusely, trying to pull Clemont away from the boy. May and Ash meanwhile began to laugh their heads off at the sight. As Bonnie finally managed to pull Clemont away, he called back, "You'll think about it ok!?" Max was stunned to the point that he couldn't speak. But luckily for him, Ash knelt next to him and explained what had happened. "Don't worry about that," he told him. "Bonnie is always asking random girls to take care of her big brother. Seeing how you two were reacting towards each other gave him his perfect chance for payback."

Max nodded at that, reasoning that it made sense, and feeling really relieved that Clemont wasn't being serious. Ash and May giggled at this, then began walking to the Maple's house, catching up on what they've been up to. Max was about to go and fetch Clemont and Bonnie, when something Ash had said finally registered in his mind. "Hey!" he called, running after the two. "What did you mean by how we were reacting towards each other!?" Ash and May proceeded to laugh their heads off at this. "You'll understand when you're older Max," said May. "Now, go get your girlfriend and her brother. We have some ice to break." Max's face went red as he denied May's claims, then he went to fetch the two from Kalos, who were still bickering about Clemont's actions.

Well, that's all for my first one-shot. As you can see, I'm not good at single-chapter works, so be warned that some of these are going to be less than great. Also note that this isn't going to have a reliable schedule at all. I'm literally just updating this thing whenever I fell like it. But I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you all in the next one.