4

"Naina, kya yrr tum yeh apne novels padhti rehti ho" he asked being annoyed of her reading habit even when they were out together on a picnic on Saturday.

"Arey disturb matt karo, Jude, Skyler ko propose karna waala hai" she said without looking up from the book.

"Wo to abhi mille the, oh I mean abhi usne Skyler ko dekha tha, and don't forget wo bachhi hai aur Jude itna badaa hai uss se" he answered in exaggeration to Naina who was sitting  in his arms with their legs stretched forward and taking back support from a big fat tree.

"Excuse me, wo bachhi nahi hai. And secondly, Skyler ke bhale ke liye, taaki uska treatment sahi se ho sake aur wo apni uss psycho mom se and overcrowded Ghar se alag ho paaye isiliye. He's such a sweetheart." She finally pulled her head up from the book.

"Leave that damn thing Naina, yrr tum mere saath bahar aayi ho and all you are doing is to sing praises of this Jude Lucketti." He tried snatching her book.

"Don't you dare" she showed him her eyes.

"Jab tumhe apni course book padhni chaahiye tum yeh novels padh rahi ho. No wonder you don't perform to your level in exams. You can do better my Jaan, if you get out of this. Mai yeh nahi keh rahaa hu ki don't read these books. I am never stoping you. Mai khud bhi to tumhe yeh laake deta hu. But, I just wanna tell you to focus a bit more on studies as well. Dono ko saath mei bhi lekar chal sakti ho na"

"Course books boring hoti hai...prr mai kaise taise exam time mei padh leti hu na...I never fail. And secondly Acha perform karne ke liye you have more people too in the class." She had kept her book down. Annoyed, not being able to read in peace.

"But they are not you" Rajveer said with lovesick eyes, happy that she left her book down.

"Cheesy" she remarked making a face. "And you love cheese Cadet Singh" not forgetting about the extra parmesan she gets added in her four cheese pizza.

"You have your class test the day after, tayyari ho gyi?" He asked. "Test lu?"

"Aap apni cadet Singh ke saath aaye ho picnic prr yaa apni Naina ke saath" she asked taking charge.

"Mai to apni Cadet Naina Ah Singh ke saath aaya hu" and that is why he is also known as the master of strategy and communication.

They continued with their banter, a weekly dose for both of them after having to pretend indifferent during the week when people are around. Exhausted Cadet Singh and Capt. Shekhwat need this together time of Naina and Rajveer.

I hope you liked it. Next update on Friday ! Thanks for reading, voting and commenting. I'll reply to all texts soon.

Signing off
Kikaberry