chapter 4

the night was young like the people within the town the moon shined threw the window of the cabin as lee rested in his bed Connor in the room over who stayed awake all hours of the night the working that is always going on the fear and pain one carries from a love that will never come true.

Connor ran his fingers there his medium long hair the cut that lays on his face form the day before the man that lays in his thoughts always there the handsome man named rip the one he liked snice day one and the one his sister was in love with.

Connor had stood up from his bed and walked to the bathroom where his face looked into the glass that he had broke many times before once he threw water on his face he had threw on his boots and jacket and walked outside the place he loved so much but yet hated from the consent pain and feeling he has sometimes he would just wish that he was never Dutton what life would have been like not being the oldest child.

as he walked outside there stood the very man he wished would go away and just leave this place for good Rip stood outside of the cabin enjoying the air that came into the night fall the black jean jacket that he wore all the time the hat that made Connor like him even more.

''a little late for you to be here don't you think rip''

''just enjoying the night air Connor''

''rip out enjoying the air? you must be going crazy''

''i'm not always an asshole Connor''

"that's datable''

rip had smiled at the comment Connor made the only man that could make rip smile when he was in a bad mood or a prissy one the only person he even truly cared about and stay side by side with until the end but that was until Connor meet Kelly Wilson the only cow girl in town that did the same things they did worked on a ranch did cowboy things Connor met Kelly when he was 16 and liked her snice they were in high school but when Connor met rip shit changed.

rip liked Connor form the begging it was weird for rip because he never liked a male but at this point he was to scared to ask or tell Connor scared that A Connor would reject him B that Connor would call him names and lose the friendship the loved dearly.

Connor had walked beside the man as they took in the fresh air of the night sky the wind slowly started to die down the air got slightly colder as winter came close they could feel the chills coming from there back and the coldness touching there nose's the redness seeking apon there faces.

''do you have a crush on Kelly?''

''do you have a crush on my sister?''   

rip felt a blush appear on his face as Connor asked the question sure he liked beth but he wasnt in love with her she was a handful that's for sure but she can have her sweet moments in life to Beth always went to Connor for something but one time she went to the wrong the man and it costed her her future she wished 'why didn't i just go to the right brother'

everyone hated Connor for leaving them but what choice did he have everyone else had there own lives so why cant he have his that was the question that always replayed in his head why cant i have my ending and get hurt for it.

Connor woke up into the warm room wear the moon would shine threw the window the memories replayed in his head on repeat the fear something might happen that he wont like the thing with his wife was the limit to break the man her hat always resting beside him her clothes in the closet pictures resting on the night stand of his bed with him Jason, Kelly and the oldest rich the one that cut his father off because Connor spoke the truth about life the lesson had taught the man about life.

Connors blue eyes had opened as he looked at the night sky and the wind blowing though the night the leaf's blowing back and forth it sounded so peaceful but there was nothing good about it winter was here and they had to do more work now than before but as long as he was in grief of losing the women he loved so dearly was the first strike to becoming the meritless man he was before he meet rip and Kelly.

Connor walked to the kitchen of the cabin had garbed a thing of water Connor may be a cowboy but he believed in drinking water time to time as Connor took the last sip of the water he heard the cabin door open to find the very man he didn't want to be around right now.

''the hell you want rip?''

''dose a man have to tell everyone everything?''

''she's in her room''

''what makes you think I'm here for Beth?''

''you sure in the hell ain't here for me rip"  

rip had that look on his face the one that spoke though his emotion's the one were Connor always knew something was wrong and he could prove the mans worth with just simple words the ones that always made Rip's day better than what it was before.

''for fucks sake Connor you need to grow up''

''grow up? my wife is fucking dead my son wont even come out of his room Kayce's mad at me for some reasons so don't tell me to grow up you dick" 

Rip had that look that mad him do mad but so hurt at Connors words the man that used to be so kind and lovable the one he fell for.

"The hell happend to you Connor"

"Life happend rip instead of me living based on childhood emotions I grew up and had a life until shit happend so fuck off and leave me alone"

"I miss the old you Connor the one someone could love and be nice to and not be rude back the one i-"

"I loved you but you chose her it was always beth until the end you were always up her ass got her pregnant you chose her so pardon me for not staying and wishing to be with You"

"Connor it was always you from day one sure I had a thing for beth but I was in love with you I was scared that you would reject me so I never told you and I thought moving on to beth would help me forget about that feeling but it will always be there"

connor looked at rip as tears ran down his face the man he loved had loved him back but the question was could he still love him after what happened or will he forget what happend just now and walk out.