CHAPTER 23

AUTHOR'S POV

When Gojo picked up the couple, he found Megumi holding Melaina by her waist and slightly smiling down at her. He was glad that the two made up, but knowing that their love will be the most twisted curse, some things would have to be avoided for good reason. As they were on their way back to Jujustu High, Gojo looked back in the mirror to see Melaina asleep with her head on Megumi's shoulder as his head was resting on top of her's. However, he was wide awake with his arm looped over her shoulder.

"I thought Ryomen Sasuke was a myth." Megumi told Gojo as the man kept driving, but knew of this. Gojo knew that Sasuke was Sukuna's brother, but never heard of the whole story of it.

"It is said that Sasuke was the Prince of Curses, but disappeared when Sukuna died and his fingers were cut." Gojo told Megumi, but his teacher wasn't done.

"Mei-San is Melaina's mother. I told Shoko to do a DNA test since there isn't no other woman besides Mei that had a child 15 years ago and that is older. Mei kept it a secret from the High Up's because she knew they would exorcise Melaina and her." Gojo explained, making Megumi's eyes widen in shock.

"I thought sorcerers couldn't give birth to curses." Megumi said in confusion.

"That's what I thought too, but it appears that the theory was wrong." Gojo looked in the mirror once again to look at Melaina and saw that she was still sleeping soundly.

"She's half Curse and human. . ." Megumi mumbled as he looked down at Melaina. Gojo still couldn't help but notice something quick.

"Her eyes, has she told you what they were able to do?" Gojo asked Megumi.

"She had said something about hypnotizing, but every time I look into her eyes, nothing happens." Megumi answered Gojo.

"That's because it's only affective to Curses and not sorcerers or humans. She is in fact the Princess of Curses." Gojo chuckled as Megumi was still continued.

"Under her command, when she makes eye contact with Curses, they do what they are told by her." Gojo explained. For Megumi, he never knew that someone could ever have the ability to do something like that.

"Back to the Prince of Curses, he'll join the fight if Mei and Melaina are brought together. His main goal is to kill them both." Megumi furrowed his eyebrows in anger.

"Why?" Megumi coldly asked Gojo.

"Mei told me herself, he wants to finish what happened in the first place. She left him because she knew this would happen, she's been watching him ever since." Gojo pulled up at the school and turned off the car and turned around to Megumi.

"Megumi. . . It's her eyes that Sasuke wants. He wants to kill Mei and after he takes Melaina's eyes, he'll kill her." Gojo monotonously told him. Megumi looked down at Melaina once more to see her still sleeping and looked back up at Gojo.

"I can't lose her, Gojo-Sensei. Put me with her, I'll risk my life for her's." Gojo saw how much Megumi begged and he could see it in his eyes.

"It's not my choice, Megumi, I'm sorry. She's strong enough to handle Curses on her own, that's why she was assigned by herself." Gojo apologized, but Megumi furrowed his eyebrows once more in confusion.