Chapter 5

Lorelei's P.O.V

As we entered through the door the loud noises stalled to a halt.

It only lasted a second before they cheerfully greet Lucifer.

I can't help but look at the happy expression that graces his face.

Looks like he's happy to see all of his kids. Everyone but me.

I couldn't help the feeling of my heart breaking inside of my chest.

He loves everyone but me.

Maybe he just needs time?

I hope that all he needs is time and space to figure out on his own that I'm his daughter. Not the person who hurt them.

Lucifer greeted them excitedly with hugs and smiles and the feeling of jealousy crept into my heart before I could stop it.

"Alright boys I have someone I need to introduce you to." As he said that he moved to the side and brought Lorenzo to his side.

"This is your brother Lorenzo. My baby boy." His eyes shined with pride and I just wanted this day to be over with already.

"WHAT?!" The loud noise has me flinching back and slightly shaking.

"I know. It was a shock to me too. Your mother was apparently pregnant with the twins when she left me. I got a call today and there he was. My son. Looks just like me didn't even need bother getting a DNA test." Pride was evident in his voice and my heart hurt inside of my chest.

I know he forgot about me. It's either that or he just didn't care enough.

"Wait twins?" One of the boys asked trying to look around the room.

It was like a lightbulb went off in his head and he finally remembered that I was here as well.

His eyes searched the room and when the finally landed on mine he gestured for me to walk up to him.

I took small steps towards them.

If their father couldn't stand the sight of me I knew they wouldn't either.

I have the face of someone who hurt them. They'll never be able to look at me.

As soon as I was in front of them it went silent. I decided to get it over with and lifted my head for them to see my face.

As soon as my face was visible I seen the distress and disgust cover their faces.

Just like I thought.

They can't even look at me.

I seen different emotions form on their faces and finally they stopped on one I was very familiar with. Anger.

I brought my head back down decided that was enough.

How many times is my heart going to break today?

"Um that's... Lor? Lorie?." My shoulders slumped as my eyes seemed to burn with unshed tears.

He forgot again.

This time I didn't even bother correcting him.

"...Right." The tension in the was so thick you could cut it with a knife and I knew I was the reason for it.

They were just so happy. How'd I ruin it that quickly?

"... Um dad, can we talk to you." One of the boys said as the rest followed his head by nodding their heads.

Lucifer quickly smiled at them in understanding and told them to head into the kitchen.

"Alright Lorenzo I need to go talk to your brothers quickly but feel free to look around. This is your new home now, don't feel uncomfortable." He placed a kiss on his forehead and without sparing me a glance he left towards the kitchen.

My heart feels so heavy. Like bricks sit upon my chest and I can't breathe.

As soon as Lucifer left the room Lorenzo left and quickly looked around the part we were in.

He didn't give me permission to look around so I just sat on the stairs that connected to the entry room.

With a heavy heart and teary eyes I just watched Lorenzo as he explored his new home.

His eyes lit up to much it caused the pain in my heart to dim a little.

He was finally happy and it's only been a day. They were good for him.

This was what he needed.

He's going to like it here I can tell.

I don't think I'mma be here too much longer though so I saved the happiness that engulfed him.

I knew his children didn't want me here. My face gave them so much heartache and from just the way he talked about them and the way they greeted each other it was obvious he'd do anything for them.

And if they didn't want me here I think he'd be more than willing to make that happen.

I watched Lorenzo until he left the room to explore some more and then just focused my eyes on the floor in front of me.

I heard his footsteps before I saw them and when I glanced up to him his eyes were hardened and I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

He stared at me for a few seconds before he gestured for me to get up and follow him.

A sigh leaves my lips and I haul myself up biting my lip in the process as the bruises all over my body caused my steps to falter.

I take a deep breath before pushing the pain down and following his to wherever we were going.

It only took a minute but it felt like an eternity as I didn't know what was going to happen.

We entered his office and he took a seat behind his desk and just watched me with his fingers connected in front of him.

I fidgeted as I stood in my place.

I didn't even bother sitting down before he gave me permission too.

I learned about that the hard way.

"You may have a seat." His voice was stern and emotionless and I couldn't stop the tears that started filling my eyes.

I didn't dare let them drop though.

As soon as I sat down he started talking.

"My sons do not want you here and I'm going to be blunt and tell you that I don't want you here either. With that being said I can't exactly throw you out because of Lorenzo. You are his twin and I do not want to cause him pain. So here's what's going to happen. You are going to stay out the way. As long as we are home you are not allowed to leave your room. You will not be eating with us I will have someone bring your food up to your room. Do not let my boys see you. I do not want them upset. You are not allowed to be heard or seen. Is that clear." His eyes glared at me and I couldn't stop the tears as they fell.

A choked son escaped my mouth before I could even stop it.

I nodded my head and replied. "I understand Lucifer." I couldn't stop the tears even if I wanted too.

"Glad we have that understood. Now get up and follow me. I'll show you to your room." I didn't bother looking up I just nodded and stood to my feet.

The mental pain I'm feeling overpowering the physical.

I followed him until his feet stopped in front of a door and as soon as I was in the room he left.

There I let all of the pain I felt overcome me.

Why did I have to look like you.