Chapter 10

*I AM MRS PADILLA* A SMOSH LOVE STORY

Chapter 10: IT'S MISERABLE FOR ME TONIGHT

I was sitting on the bed, daydreaming as usual. Hm, how would it feel like to be in love with a YouTube celebrity? Would I gain a lot of attention? Would people snap photos of Anthony and I when we go out for a date?

But...that would be really awkward and annoying. Yes, some attention is alright, but now thinking about it, too much attention will be real bad.

Hm, how would I react if people flock to me?

I began to act out the scene.

"Um, Anthony and I just wants to have some special time together, so please excuse us," I spoke as though there are a swarm of fans in front of me.

Then I turned to the lamp and pretended it is Anthony.

"Aw, Anthony, you said you were going to give me a romantic night..."

It is real fun acting out such scenes and pretending that it's true-so fun that I could not stop.

"Anthony, hug me now. Anthony, kiss me," I cried to the lamp in a sugary tone and took it up...

And then I heard someone sucking in a breath.

Startled, I turned to the door.

Anthony was standing there, staring at me with an uneasy expression on his face.

Oh no oh no oh no! Since when had he been standing there!

"I was just going to give you a drink, but you were not paying attention..." Anthony stuttered, not really knowing to say.

An awkward silence hung the air.

My face felt like it was burning.

Anthony had seen what I was doing just now!

He saw what I was doing...HE SAW WHAT I WAS DOING!

"I am sorry!" Anthony mumbled abruptly before he bolted out of the door.

I could only stare at the door, my mouth hung open in a foolish way.

What have I done? Could anything get even more embarrassing than THAT?

******************************

Anthony left the house early that day.

I remembered having the guts to ask where he was heading to.

"I, uh, I am going to Ian's house to film a new video," He had hurriedly stammered.

But I knew he was lying. He don't usually go to Ian's house on Sundays!

And when our gazes met, he had quickly looked away...

WHAT HAVE I DONE?

He must be feeling really uneasy in my presence now, and maybe even scared of me.

He must have been real shocked to find out that I had actually longed to go steady with him.

Maybe he wouldn't even talk to me anymore!

******************************

It had been two days, and he is still not back yet. And he is still not replying to my message.

It was just an SMS to Anthony, asking about his wellbeing.

But there was no response from him.

No response at all.

It is apparent-he is avoiding me.

And it is all my fault for been crazy enough to confess out my love for him IN his house.

Why wasn't I careful enough...

But now it was clear.

He merely treats me as a friend.

If he actually loves me, he would not have left like that.

He would have told me, "I love you too."

Since he only treats me as a friend, I could not even bear to imagine how he had felt when he heard those mushy things I said that day.

So he must be thinking right now that I am some sort of a creep...

I mean, he don't even want to be in my presence now.

Even if he does comes back, he would never look at me in the same way again. And I can't even bring myself to face him anymore, so how can I even live together with him?

Fine, now that things are so awkward between us, the best solution would be for me to leave.

There is no other choice, we are just not destined to be with each other.

Not even as friends now.

******************************

The wind howled sharply in the chilly night air, reflecting my sadness and extreme unwillingness to leave this place.

But I still had to leave.

Once I leave, it would be a burden taken off him. He can then continue with his normal life, without me in his way.

I nodded firmly to myself.

I will go off.

Without Anthony Padilla.

Why am I still thinking about him at this point of time?

It is all over, but I will remember this close interaction with Anthony forever and this precious chance that was now gone will be etched in my mind forever too.

I looked up at the clock.

1:25 am.

The lyrics from the song "Need you Now" immediately flooded my mind.

"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now." This sentence especially tugged at my heart strings.

But will Anthony resemble the guy in the music video of this song and reunite with me?

I guess not.

The thank-you note that I had written to him rustled in the wind's blow, as if wanting to beckon me back.

No. It is all over.

Dejected, I unlatched the door.

To my dear readers: Brace yourself, the epic part is coming up next! :)