Pump of Blood: The Corridor : Chapter 3

Btw twilightbabe31 helped me with this chapter! Thanks twilightbabe31 I really appreciate it.

Katie’s POV

After Science I start to walk to the Library, school finishes at 2:00 so I shouldn’t go to the field right now or I’ll have to wait 2 hours. I walk through the big glass doors that lead to the huge Library, and I see a different Librarian.... Hm, the other one might of left already. Oh well. I need to work on this homework anyway, since it’s ‘important’.

I head to the bean bags that are placed at the back of the Library. I start working on the homework, but get distracted as I see a book about werewolves.

“Hm, they don’t exist’ I mutter to myself.

“Looking for anything?’ the Librarian says sternly

“Um, no thanks” I smile and say. “ Don’t mind me asking, but where is Miss. Converse (the normal Librarian)?”

“She had to go, but she told me to tell you to look at the ‘Older Reader’ section and find a book called ‘Monster Returns’ ” The Librarian says with a very questioning face.

“Uhhh? Okay?” I say. I wait about 2 minutes for the Librarian to go back to the desk.

The Older Reader section is right at the back, and nobody really notices it, but I know where it is so I walk over there. I look for the book called ‘Monster Returns’, I eventually find it after 5 minutes. I pull the old battered book out of the shelf, and wonder why I had to find this book. As I read the blurb I hear a creaking sound, and sound of a wall moving....

I turn around to the shelf and see that it’s moving! The whole shelf is actually moving, and I see stairs emerge from the ground inside this ‘corridor’. I think this is why Miss.Converse wanted me to get this book, so I could walk down here... But I’m confused as to how she knows about this.. But anything is possible, heck I’m a vampire for god sakes! As I am about to walk down this lightly dimmed corridor, I see a torch, good she supplied this! I turn the torch on, (using a lighter I keep with me at all times to protect me from things) the shelf is now moving back into its place, and I finally start to walk down this mysterious passageway. I’m quite scared, but I’ve only been walking for about 30 seconds... I see a door that says Miss Converse.

Maybe this is her room, but nobody else seems to know about it, or it would be the gossip around the campus! I slowly open the creaking door and I must admit, I’m quite horrified at the moment...

Inside the door, I see Miss.Converse sitting at a very old desk writing.

“Why did y-you ask me to come here?” I say with a stutter (but why am I scared!? She’s the nicest teacher in the school).

“I need to talk to you Katie... and it’s rather important” Miss.Converse says looking very concerned.

 “What is it about?” I say.

 “It’s about Blaze.....”

I stand here stunned and dumbfounded... why is Miss.Converse talking about Blaze?