Chapter 3

Bakugo's pov:

has anyone ever truly loved this girl enough to protect her from all the terrible things this world is? why do I even care? every-time I look at her I just have this deep feeling that I just need to protect her. I need to show her someone is there. after everything she just went through I wonder if she'll let me? 

I walked back into the room and sat back into the chair in the corner of the room. taking a second to glimpse over at her before she could look back at me I quickly turn back around, I could feel her looking at me.

"Bakugo.."

her voice cracked a bit while saying.. 

"yeah" I responded quietly 

"do you mind laying with me"

I got up not thinking twice about it 

she could ask anything of me and i'd do it and I don't even know why. I laid next to her and she curled into my chest she yawned then looked up at me

"your so rude to everyone why are you being nice to me? if this pity I don't want it so if it is then go!"

even in her darkest moment she still had a fire in her. 

"it's not pity I just feel a need to protect you and be there for like no one else has"

she looked down 

"oh"

with that the room was silent again all that could be heard was her soft breathing as I held as close as I could 

we fell asleep like that and all I could hope was that made her feel safe while she slept 

Throughout the night she softly cried in her sleep and moved around having nightmares I assumed of what had happened. she held me closer and calmed down then would go back to sleeping soundly.

as for me I barely slept. I kept having visions of people coming into the room so I kept waking up to check on her. 

all that mattered right now was that she finally slept safely.

Y/n's pov:

I woke up to the sun brightly in my eyes and the light snores of Bakugo next to me for the first time in a long time I felt safe. 

Suddenly I heard the doorknob jiggle I flinched into bakugo and he woke up grabbing me, shooting himself straight up to see who was there. he calmed once he saw it was just recovery girl.

"good morning sweetie how are you feeling today?"

I sat myself up 

"pretty ok i guess"

she smiled at me 

"well dear your physically okay but your going to be not mentally okay after all you went through a persons worst nightmare how are you supposed to be okay right? anyways let me take a look to see how those burns have healed"

Bakugo got up off the bed

"um can he stay"

she smiled once again "of course he can"

I put on a small smile the only kind of smile I could muster up 

"Bakugo please stay if you don't mind of course"

he smiled at me and nodded seating himself in the chair in the corner of the room.

during the check up I closed my eyes not wanting to look at the burn marks he had left behind I know what they look like but it's not something I would like to think about, at the moment Y/n being safe is all that mattered. I just have to make sure anything like this never ever happens to her again. 

the check was finished and recovery girl redressed the wounds then left the room. 

I could feel her staring at me thinking about what to say, before the incident we never really spoke unless we were arguing in class I could understand why she thought I just pity her. I don't though something in me has changed after seeing what happened to her I care for her I want her to smile and go back to the girl who was best friends with that pink girl I used to chill with shitty hair and when her and alien came up they would be so loud I would get so annoyed but she was happy and I now see that's all that mattered 

"Bakugo.."

"katsuki."

"huh?"

"Katsuki. I would like you to call me Katsuki or a nickname it doesn't matter hearing you say my last name just doesn't sound right."

"oh ok is Katsu ok?

"that's fine what did you need" I nearly blushed when she said Katsu 

"nothing, I just would like to know more about you, we're in the same class but we never talk and it seems like we're gonna be closer from now on so can I know some things about you?"

"you wanna know about me?" 

"yeah like how about 21 questions like the game I can't leave until my burns are cleared from infections and it seems like your not leaving without me so why not get to actually know each other"

"bet you go first"