xiii. NO USE CRYING OVER SPILLED COFFEE!

ACT ONE

ACT ONE. dog without a bone.
CHAPTER xiii. ❛NO USE CRYING OVER SPILLED COFFEE!❜

 ❛NO USE CRYING OVER SPILLED COFFEE!❜

logan's office,
waystar royco.

       "I WANT TO GO BACK TO PAPERS," JUNIPER CARVALHO pleads, standing before the adults like a criminal pleading their innocence. The jurors exchange twisted grins ━━━━━━ though she cannot imagine either one of them doing this, so perhaps it just appears that way. Somehow, in her tiny position with her tiny wants and her tiny dreams, everything seems greater than it is. Though that is how CEO Logan Roy has always appeared. A Titan amongst men with a fist as large as the sun. He was Kronos and she was Hera, trying her best not to be eaten. So whilst Saturn had no struggles in devouring his sons, Jupiter would beg for her life. If her mother was anything like the myth of Opis then perhaps she'd take pity on her life. Then again, this isn't likely.

      "Why?" Aline asks, standing at Logan's side. "What's wrong with your current position?"

What was wrong with her current position?

Let's see.

      Despite her years of experience and graduation from Harvard, this company would rather see a bunch of incompetent white-collared morons buy their way to the top than to see a woman get the title she deserves. Now, even as she's monologuing this, Juni is aware that she's not exactly the exception when it comes to nepotism. She might be a little bit of a hypocrite. But an assistant? Cleaning up messes of men fathoms beneath her? It was insulting. Furthermore, it was clear the girl had been punished enough, wasn't it? And yet, despite all of these reasons, not a single one of them topped the fact that Roman Roy, her kind-of boss and kind-of ex-boyfriend had kissed her at the RECNY Ball and she still hadn't told her fiancé.