Part 1

A/N: Well my dearest readers, as I am almost done with all the other stories, I can eventually start publishing this one. And maybe the other one too. We'll see!

Gabriel cussed and turned around. He had blindly followed his wife and was now trying to escape the people who were threatening their lives. But while he had been able to free himself from the men's grasp, Nathalie was still held captive and it didn't seem as if those villains had anything good on their minds.

The tall, yet slender, man sighed and turned around to come to her aid.

"Just go and save yourself!" Nathalie shouted, when she saw him charging towards one of the guys. But at the same second, the man was hit to the chest by Gabriel's shoulder and stumbled backwards against the second one, who was still grasping the woman's throat.

Seizing the split of a second in which both attackers were distracted, the couple quickly ran off, soon reaching the sanctuary of Gabriel's car and, after tossing themselves inside, locking it in an instant.

"Why did you do such a stupid thing? Are you trying to get us both killed?", Gabriel yelled at the shaking woman. Seeing her, the one who usually ignored all of his attempts to communicate with her coldly and without any visible emotions, starting to cry into her hands shocked him though and he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Hey," he said softly, "I didn't mean to frighten you even more. Please, don't cry. I was just so fucking scared. I promise to not yell any more, okay?"

"W-Why didn't y-you j-j-just run away and leave me b-b-behind? N-No more n-n-need to b-b-be afraid o-of anything!" the still trembling female stammered under sobs.

"Oh, so I should have let them rape you to then strangle you to death and drop your body into the ocean? Because that's what those people do, Nathalie! It's one thing, to try and help some homeless, young woman to find shelter and food, but trying to free a hooker from the ring of procurers, and by blackmailing them, is nothing more than a suicide mission!" the agitated man gushed out.

His wife scoffed.

"Yeah, right! As if you cared!" she spat, her crying calming slowly down. She tried desperately to regain her composure, but the life threatening situation she had just been in and on top of that her husband's sudden vigilance had thrown her completely off track.

Closing his eyes, Gabriel only focused on his breathing for some time, then he opened them again and looked at her. The otherwise so strong and stubborn woman was hugging her legs which she had pulled up to her chest and was rocking herself back and forth. Unaware of what he was doing, the man placed an arm around her shoulders and pulled her against him, his hands gently stroking her upper arm as he did.

It had been about eight months ago, when Nathalie, who was at the time living in a small apartment near the university she went to, had gotten a letter from Mr Agreste senior, concerning the promised engagement and following wedding with his son Gabriel.

She had just laughed about this, thinking it was nothing more but a very bad joke from the alleged groom-to-be. But holy crap, had she been wrong. When her mother texted her the next morning and told her to be at their home at seven o'clock in the evening, demanding from her to not appear in her usual jeans and shirt, but to dress properly, at best in some suitable attire to welcome important guests.

With a deep sigh, Nathalie had asked for the occasion. The answer had almost made her pass out on the spot, and she had been standing in the middle of campus, about to walk to her first class, when the message had arrived.

It said, she was to be betrothed to the man she had been promised to, before she even had been born.

Gasping, the twenty-four year old had hurried back into her flat and had taken a big gulp from the bottle of vodka, she had in the fridge for emergencies like sudden visitors, a cut or a scratch, that should be disinfected or for the very severe case of being told, she had to marry the most despicable guy, she had ever met.

Despite only seeing him at large events their families amongst others participated, she had heard and observed enough to be certain that Gabriel Agreste was nothing more than a spoiled, rich boy who enjoyed playing with the young girls who were thick enough to fall for his glamour and fake charm. Nathalie had once sat close enough, to hear him brag to his friends about the next bitch, he was about to screw later that night and when his buddies had asked him, who that might be, he had replied, that he didn't care, and would simply take the next slut he ran into home with him.

"As long as she has got big boobs and a sexy butt, I don't care how her face looks. If it's to much of a turn off, I just fuck her from behind!" Gabriel had exclaimed contemptuously.

Being only sixteen back then, Nathalie had been appalled and had let him notice, by turning towards the group of young men and telling them smugly,

"Yeah, right. Did you even consider that those girls might be glad to not be looking at your stupid face? I would even go as far as saying, you never screwed any of them twice. And not, because you don't do that, but because you're so bad that none of them wanted to live through the disaster a second time!"

Gabriel, who actually was rather handsome, which she never would have admitted, looked down at the teenage girl and snorted then spat,

"What do you know about anything? Have you even lost your virginity, little Nathalie? I bet you cried if you did!"

He looked her closer up and down when she stood up to face him and get really into the argument. Noticing, that she had just the figure, he would love to get his hands on, that night, he grinned lewdly at her and added,

"But maybe, I could teach you a couple of things, if you let me!"

Nathalie sneered.

"Yeah, right! I am sure, you're the one who cries when he cums! Typical post-orgasm-crying wuss!"

"You fucking little bitch", Gabriel yelled and grabbed her upper arms to push her backwards to then pin her wrists against the nearest door, holding her captured with his body, that back then was a lot taller than hers. "How dare you talk to me like that? Do you have any idea who I am? I know you, Nathalie Sancoeur and I know your parents. You may be wealthy too, but everybody knows very well that you are a heartless, nerdy, little weirdo. I bet you haven't even been kissed yet!"

"Let! Go! Of! Me!" the young girl squeezed through gritted teeth. "If you don't, I will kick you into the nuts so hard that you can still feel the pain, when you're almost thirty. So, Agreste, your choice!"

He laughed about the short and skinny female's threat.

"Yeah, you and which army? Oh for fuck's sake, how insane are you woman?" he wailed just the split of a second after mocking her, as she had done, what she had told him and forcefully rammed her knee from below against his very sensitive testicles to which he crouched down in an instant, sweat pearls appearing on his forehead and he was panting heavily.

Whereas she was still petrified from the news, Nathalie chuckled mischievously, when she remembered that particular situation.

Then she recalled the content of the letter she had received the day before and her laugh died immediately, turning into a desperate sob. There was no way that she would marry this guy.