[Chapter 3: New goals] Part 2

Lord Gobta Micheals POV

I never expected a bold assassination like this... The centre clan guards had also managed to defeat the main assault of the attackers... at least that what one of the officers' mention... all of this smells Empire troops involvement... that Assassin... it had to be... Isabella ... she didn't say anything for quite some time... she currently in the main living room... she seems to be dazed and in shock... I then sit next to her and say
"u okay..?"

She then look at me with pained expression

"I am not...sure... your home... was attacked because of me..."

I put my hand on her cheek and say in a gentle manner...

"Is not your fault... okay... at least you and your maids are safe..."

She then begin to cry and procced to hug me tightly... I proceed to gently calming her down... most people especially those from commoners side... they are used to hardened life that always a rollercoaster... for nobles tho.. even tho their basic needs are kinda doesn't need to be worried most of the time.. their mental state can be a bit different..

She does feel a bit smaller compare to my bearlike feature size... this make me happy for some reason...

After while, she fall sleep on my shoulder since night had once fallen into the mountain side... I carried to nearby sofa where she could sleep much better anyway... a series of knocks on my door occurs... which would be one of my brothers... possible would be Westro... he does able to track a target quite well to begin with... which he did.

A broken shape of a man can be seen dangling on the back of his horse... Westro had done his job of "extracting information". He then say to me
"Yup... kinda obvious that this bastard is part of the Empire... and what I had learned so far... The Empire might know about us... in detail?.. well not yet of course.."

I replied him back that we would deal with the situation and the time for the people and everyone against the Empire to rise up and fight...

Westro then give his usual smile and say
"Yes President... it shall be done..."

A new day begins again.. with a new determination to preserve and prosper.. For The Northern Republic..