Love casts out fear.

Prologue

Sophia looked out over the foreign landscape, she felt the sun spark on her pale completion, she stood, just for a second, completely confused as to why she had gotten onto the plane, why she had left everything, why she was here now about to get into a taxi.

She pulled an old piece of paper out of her black leather handbag, the bag didn't match her dress, she didn't wear dresses, and even now she regretted the yellow dress, the sheer tights and the black kitten heels. She looked over at the driver and before he could ask where she wanted to go she blurted out the address she had been given so long ago.

She laid back in her seat, contemplating what she would say when she reached the white door, she wondered if the house would match her imagination, Google street view only showed so much. Quicker than she thought, she pulled up onto a street she wasn't sure she would ever see, the driver called out in the raspy American accent she was glad she understood.

"end of the road, that's $16, love"

She pulled the dollars out of her purse and handed them to the driver and climbed out the car, she made sure to take his card in case she needed a taxi again, since she was in the middle of nowhere she figured it was best.

She looked at the home in front of her, made mostly in wood, set back from the road and disguised by some trees.

She reached the door and hesitated as she rose her fist to knock, she swallowed hard, and wondered what she would be walking in on, maybe he forgot his promises, maybe he completely forgot that he told her he would always love her, maybe he forgot so much that he was married now, it had been five years after all, he would be thirty now, she quickly knocked on the door, before she could run back to the street, get back in a taxi and flew home to England, to comfort, to what she knew.

She stood for what felt like an eternity but in reality would only have been a few minutes, her pulse quickened as she heard harsh steps walk to the door, and then it swung open, she reluctantly looked up, so terrified she would not recognise the man she loved and even more terrified he wouldn't recognise her either.

She opened her mouth to say something when he almost breathed one word.

"Angel?"