Chapter Four: Revenge

Y/n fished his ringing phone from his duffel bag. Part of him expected a different caller--maybe a random phone number calling the wrong person. However, there was only one person that called him frequently.

"What's up, Yeo-eun?"

"Are you on your way home?" Youngeun asked.

"Yeah."

Strokes of orange stretched across the sky like sheets of glass. The depth of shading in the clouds paired with the fading blue hues in the sky drew a breath of awe from Y/n's chest.

"You wanna hang out tomorrow?"

"How about right now?" Y/n proposed. "The weather's great; it's a Friday too~"

"I already changed into my pajamas..." Youngeun whined. "Plus, you probably stink."

"I'll treat you to food-"

Y/n's head snapped forward causing his phone to drop to the ground. Youngeun's faint voice buzzed from Y/n's phone as he turned around. With a large, smug grin, Joon wagged his limp wrist.

"Sorry, my hand slipped."

Behind the student, three others accompanied him: the two from the previous day, and a taller, fiercer student.

Don't let him bait you.

"Apology accepted." Y/n glanced at his phone, sighing in relief, "Luckily my screen didn't crack."

Y/n reached for his phone. As he expected, Joon leaned forward for a kick, prompting Y/n to slip away. He shifted his balance before slamming his fist into the older student's jaw. Though he wanted to, Y/n spared the older student from unconsciousness in hopes that he would take the hint.

"Whoops! I lost my balance there," he glared.

A bronze fire burned in Joon's eyes. The student enveloped his skin in earthen light before taking a second swing at Y/n. With ease, Y/n weaved between his hands, striking Joon's ribcage with a right hook.

I'll give him... four more.

The two shuffled around, giving Y/n windows to slip shin kicks to Joon's thigh. Though quick and simple, each and every kick dug into the older's muscles--seemingly ignoring the layer of earth aether coating his body. Before he could sneak a haymaker to finish the fight, a shadow flickered in the corner of Y/n's eye.

I should have known...

Y/n leaned forward. With his momentum, he slammed his elbow into the first student's jaw--knocking the boy out.

I swear I did the same thing to him yesterday.

A rush of adrenaline hit Y/n like a splash of water on a summer day, driving his fist into the second student. As he straightened himself, Joon tackled Y/n; yet he didn't give in.

"Really?!" Y/n cackled.

Excitement and overwhelming aggression textured Y/n's laughter. He slipped behind Joon before suplexing him into the concrete.

"BITCH!!!"

The sound of glass shattering shrieked from Joon's aether cloak. The fizzled out from the point of impact, leaving the student reeling on the ground.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have done that. I could have killed him.

Y/n dusted his clothes off, glancing toward his phone. The line between his and Youngeun's phone broke, leading Y/n to turn toward the final student.

"What?"

"That was a good show," the student clapped. "Though I can't praise you too much; they weren't that strong."