starfish - new beginnings

'lilli you got your boxes?', dad calls out from the car, carrying a cardboard box full of plates to the kitchen.
'yea they're all here!', lilli calls out of her window, staring happily at the boxes that lay across her new room. lilli's cat betty sniffed the boxes silently with curiosity.

about 6 big boxes full to the brim with lilli's things lay neatly across her room, each labelled with exactly what lays inside; clothes, books, painting/hobby stuff, bathroom stuff, bed stuff, decorations.

she gazed outside the window that sat above her bed, marvelling at the amazing view of the sea, the way the waves rolled off of each other, and the way you could sometimes see a teeny sail boat floating along the horizon. it was definitely the best decision her and her dad had made.

'good! i'm going to go and say hello to some neighbours and i'll be back in an hour? try and unpack your stuff too.', her dad had said to her before giving her a peck on her head and leaving.

'bye, dad.' she smiled. lilli then rifled through her painting/hobby box and pulled out a brown, leather journal, labelled 'seo elizabeth, 05/12/2004'. she turned to the next blank page and grabbed a ballpoint pen.

click

she wrote,

4th March 2020 14:03 sea glass cottage

dad and i just arrived in our new home, it's so cute! mom would love it here. we're so close to the sea i can see it from my bedroom window! much better than the city.
come to think of it, i start a new school tomorrow, i just hope it's nothing like my old school. i just want nobody to treat me the way they did.
on the brighter side, dad's gone to visit our new neighbour's so i have to unpack all my stuff into my new room! i'm so excited to be living here; life is going to go so smoothly.

she gently shut the book and stretched the elastic back over the front cover. lilli bounced off her bed and began to sort through her boxes.

'lilli i'm home! your new school uniform is here' dad exclaimed to lilli showing off her uniform.
it was a white button up shirt with a blue tie all kept together with a navy vest. not forgetting a royal blue plaid skirt.

'oh my gosh it's so pretty!!' lilli said with her hands over her mouth

'oh my gosh it's so pretty!!' lilli said with her hands over her mouth. she took the clothes hook from dad and laid the clothes nicely over the plush chest at the foot of her bed.

dad smiled fondly at his daughter. please let her do well here, he thought to himself.

lilli tightly wrapped her arms around her dad and said, 'i love you, dad.'

'i love you too, sweetheart.'

hi it's me! the first chapter is a bit short but hopefully i can make the rest a little longer. was it enjoyable or should i try a different writing style?
thank you for reading the first chapter xxx