koi fish - friendship

i should have probably asked dad where my school is. that would have been awesome, lilli thought to herself, wondering aimlessly along the path.

suddenly, an amazing idea popped into her head. google maps! she furiously typed her school name into the bar.

no luck. the swirly loading thing just kept spinning and spinning.

lilli shoved her phone back into her pocket and sighed in confusion. 'i can't be late on my first day that's so embarrassing.' she whispered for only herself to hear.

she continued to trudge down the coastal road when she saw a figure walk out of one of the houses. as she looked closer, it came into view that it was a boy wearing the same uniform.

the stones crunched loudly underneath her feet as she ran towards the boy.

due to the noise, he turned his head towards lilli and said, nothing. he just turned back around and continued walking.

how rude, she thought. did he not see her running towards him? should i just follow him? no that's creepy i can't do that. should i just run again. he's gonna think i'm crazy. what if i just..

'um.. excuse me? yea... can i just-', she stuttered to him.

'what do you want?', he asked sternly, with a judging expression on his face.

'do you know the way to seabird high?' well that was a stupid question to ask. he's wearing the freaking school uniform silly.

'let me show you.', he gestured her to walk along side him as he guides the way.

'thank you so so much. you see i probably would have gotten lost. i'm new. i've never even seen the school in my life so-'

'...'

'sorry ahah'
'hmm'

gosh what a rude boy. the next 5 minutes of the walk was silent except for the calm waves of the sea, pebbles under their feet and trees rustling above.

'my name is elizabeth by the way. elizabeth seo. my friends and family just call me lilli though.' lilli said. she thought it was probably best if she at least tried to make some new friends. didn't matter if they truly like her or not; just as long as she's not lonely.

'that's nice.', the boy murmured in response.
'are you not going to tell me your name?'
the boy stopped in his tracks. 'why?' he looked at her with a poker face.
'...so we can be friends?', lilli shrugged.

they continued walking, 'ok. my name is jungwon. yang jungwon.'

'yang jungwon..'

(sorry short chapter school is getting even more cancelable lately)