Chapter 3

I'm just sitting here, shocked and confused. My parents would never do this! I'm staring at Janis, and I can see she didn't wanna be the one to tell me.
"Catherine I know you're not going to wanna hear this also, but your parents will be put in prison for life."
"Wait, my parents would never do such a thing? How did you find out, I need to know everything." I screamed
"Catherine, you're not gonna want to know. We just have to focus on keeping you safe now, we're gonna send you to live with your brother. You both can get through this together. He's at the station, it's time to get ready to go."
I went back to class and got my stuff, everyone saw the tears. I heard people laugh.
"What's wrong Catherine? Why are you crying?" Bruno said concerned
"Bruno text me, this is too much. I found out who murdered my sister." I cried.
Everyone got silent. Everyone was staring at me, I just had to run out. And so I did.
I went to my locker, I got all my stuff since I obviously wasn't coming back to this hell hole. Patricia was standing by my locker. Then walked toward me.
"Why are you taking all your stuff huh? You're running away or something? Wow all you care about is yourself don't you?"
"First off Hun, I'm not running away so why don't you back off before I slam your face into a window."
"Aww Catherine, you know you can get suspended for that? I'm positive mommy and daddy won't like that."
I just held a fist up and then walked away and calmed my nerves. I don't need anyone to try to mess me up. I have enough things to worry about.
I met Janis and the other police officer at the door, surprisingly he hasn't even said a word. I wonder what he thinks.
"Want help?" Janis asked.
I nodded and she took two of my bags. I got in the police car and I saw all the bad kids who smoke and skip school, basically the ones who don't have a future, were staring at me. They probably think I'm more bad than them.
"So we're gonna take you to the police station and have you and your brother sign some forms, and you can go home get your stuff and then you're off to live with him." Janis said
"Cool." I said
This isn't easy for me, it isn't at all. I'm probably not going to be able to sleep for a few days because of how stressful this is, my parents murdering my sister? Not possible. Who the hell would murder their own daughter!
I started crying. Janis gave me some tissues. This is all ruining my childhood, I'm never going to be normal again. In fact I'll never be happy again.
I feel like one of those depressed kids, like one day I feel like I'm gonna do something crazy because I'm gonna let everything get to me. Especially the bullies. I feel like no matter where I go I'm gonna feel left out and broken.
When will my life ever be what they call normal? Is normal even real?
We finally got to the police station.
"You can leave your stuff in here, were gonna take you and your brother home. His car is there." Janis explained.
I nodded.
It was raining, as always so I was getting soaking wet once I came out the car. I ran to the door and I went inside cleaning up and saw my brother there. I hadn't seen him in forever and I don't know how I feel about living with him. I'm pretty nervous. I feel like I hardly know my own brother.. The guy I grew up with.
"Follow me." Janis said to my brother and I.
"Hi Isaac." I said nervously.
"Catherine. Come here." He hugged me and I started crying to him.
"Look, we have to get this going so can you please follow me." Janis said.
Isaac grabbed my hand and we walked.
Surprisingly, I felt good with my brother, like everything was going to be okay, like we had just seen each other yesterday.
The other man officer had disappeared. It was just Janis and some woman in the room.
"So do you guys want to see your parents?" Janis asked.
Isaac was silent. I started crying.
"I know it's hard but you have to relax, it's gonna be okay. There's obviously something wrong with your parents and this is randy. She's going to be helping your parents. Giving them therapy." Janis said
"I don't know how to feel! You act like we have to act normal! We can't! With this at least I can never feel normal or happy again!!" I cried and screamed.
"Catherine, if you could say anything to your parents, what would it be?" Randy asked.
"WHY THE HELL DID THEY DO THIS TO MARISA?!?" I cried and my brother hugged me.
From then, I couldn't hold anything in and I couldn't hide the pain I was feeling.

"Let just get the paper work done and send you guys home. We're gonna send a therapist to your house once a week, it's free but we want you guys to be able to talk about what's going on and have an escape." Janis said.
I signed the paper, I didn't even read it, I just signed it. Isaac didn't sign anything, he just sat there.
"I think it's time for you to take Catherine and I home." Isaac said.
"Of course." Janis said.

10:30 am.

I can't think straight. I just can't. I'm not ready to leave the house I grew up in. Then again, I feel like my childhood was a lie, why did my parents seem so sweet? I miss the way my mom would help me when I was little, like when I fell off a bike and sprained me wrist and messed up my knee. She kissed my knee and my wrist. She helped me, she cared. How could she and my father murder my own sister? How is this possible?

"Look New York is quite a drive from here, so I'm gonna go get a truck, to put in your furniture and anything you need. Get stuff ready." Isaac said fast.
"Sure. Can Bruno help?" I begged
"Why not." He said and left.

"Bruno! Come over now I need you! I'm moving to New York." I cried.
"Wait what?! What's going on Catherine? You can't do this your like a sister to me! I'm coming." He said and hung up.