Chapter 2

It's 7:30 am. I'm throwing on yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I'm not in the mood for school today. Mom is making me go. I'm not ready for what people will say to me.
I go downstairs and grab a Starbucks drink out the fridge, and get a yogurt. No ones home, everyone's gone. Maybe I should stay home.. But maybe I shouldn't because mom is under a lot of pressure. Mom, I'm doing this for you. I'm going to school and obeying orders for once. Be happy.
I got out the house and saw Bruno, my only friend there waiting for me.
"Hey." He paused and looked at me and hugged me.
"It's gonna be all okay, I'm always gonna be here okay? How come you ignored all my texts I was worried and it didn't even send." He said.
"Look, not to sound mean or anything but I just couldn't yesterday, I needed to be alone and have all contact off, you know it was gonna be a hard day.."
All he did was shake his head and walked with me. Jacob was behind us. I could hear him laughing, I didn't get what was so funny.
"Hey Catherine! Is it true you killed your sister? That's what everyone's saying!" Him and all these girls just started dying.
I put my hood up and looked down at my book and took a deep breath. I heard Bruno beginning to yell. I didn't want him to fight Jacob over this because it was an everyday thing, it just needed to be left alone.
I told Bruno that he needed to stop yelling at Jacob and just be a friend and walk with me. And so he did. We finally got to school, we had first period together, our only class together besides lunch. These guys had began teasing me about my sister. It was bad, the teacher didn't even tell them to stop. He just acted like he didn't know anything was going on, but I knew he did.
When is life ever gonna not feel like I'm in hell? This really sucks, I just wanna leave.
It's been 45 minutes stuck in this class. I hate it- next you know I'm called to guidance, I wonder what they want, what they wanna do with my time it's not like they help me.
Bruno asked me if I knew why I was going and I said no, he wished me luck. I started walking down the hall, thank god no one was there because I really don't wanna be bullied right now, in so anxious on why I am going to guidance. This hardly happens anymore. Maybe they wanna talk about my sister? I just can't right now.
I'm finally here. My guidance counselor stares at me with a serious face. What the hell?
"Catherine, how are you? Come inside." She said.
We go into her small office and there's two police officers there, a man and a woman.
"What's going on. Why are there police officers?" I cried.
"Catherine, the investigation for who murdered your sister is done, and you may want to sit down for this." The police officer said.
"I'm Janis, and I'm covering the investigation on your sister. I've had all the people who were suspects come in and be questioned. None of them had matched sadly." She paused.
"Last night I had been thinking, and going through files about your parents. I knew the DNA on the knife had been all of someone of your family, I had thought it was just your sister but turns out the person who killed her was someone with the same DNA as her.."
"Don't panic, it's okay it really is Catherine."
I started crying, I didn't know how to react I didn't know who had done this to my sister in my family? Was it my brother? Is this why he never came around?
"Catherine it was your parents, both of them." Janis explained.