Chapter 2

Randev was struck by the car horn for a moment and his heart skipped a beat. The calling bell brought him back to reality. Just to confirm his looks and dress were handsome, he glanced in the mirror.

Again, the bell rings

His eyes were filled with emotion as he stepped toward the door.
With the rain starting, the atmosphere changed more smoothly as he opened the door. The rain made the whole place look even more beautiful.

……………………………………………………

While in a restaurant,

Ranjith was talking with the manager and other staff members. The whole restaurant appears to have been booked by Ranjith.

Manager: "Sir, I hope you are satisfied with the arrangements. If you want something else, we will try to arrange it also."

Ranjith: "It is perfect and I don’t think there will be a need to add anything. Thanks for arranging everything so well. I'm sure she'll love them."

He hears his phone ring. Rina's call appears on his phone.

Ranjith: "Oh, it's her call. It looks like she will be here at any moment, so be prepared. Do what I said before, okay?"

Manager: "OK Sir."

Ranjith took the bouquet and eagerly turned towards the door to find Rina entering the restaurant.

They exchanged loving glances, filled with admiration for each other.

Rina reached and came in front of Ranjith.

Ranjith: "Hey beautiful"
(he gave the bouquet to her.With a smile she accepted it.)

Rina: "I hope I didn’t make you wait so long."

Ranjith: "Not at all. You’re on time. Let's take a seat."

Rina: "Sure."

Rina followed Ranjith to a particular spot in the restaurant. Although the entire restaurant was beautifully decorated, that spot looked even better because it was decorated so uniquely.

In a gentleman's manner, Ranjith pushed Rina's chair back. Afterward, he sat down.

Rina: "Can I ask you something?"

Ranjith: "Why are you asking for permission? Just ask for it."

Rina: "Why does this restaurant look so empty? There are no other customers, except the two of us. Why so?"

Ranjith: "Ahh… ha-ha, because... I have booked the whole restaurant for tonight."

Rina: "What! Why did you do that?"

Ranjith: "For you…"

Rina: "Me? I didn’t get it."

Rainjith: "Rina, I know you're shy about coming alone with me. You don't feel comfortable talking to me in public. In this case, dates and all in a crowded place can make you feel more anxious. That's why I reserved the whole restaurant so we could enjoy the evening without any hassles."

Rina: "Thank you so much for understanding."

Ranjith: "Hey, now don’t be formal. Here we have not come as a boss or staff. Just be yourself."

Each other smiles at the other. The manager is signed up by Ranjith.
The moment became more romantic when a group of musicians approached them and started to play music, which surprised Rina.

Then they brought a cake which was decorated beautifully. The cake was designed well with a bride and groom design. The bridegroom in the cake was holding a small gift box.

Ranjith stood up, walked over to Rina, took a ring from the gift box, and knelt on one knee in front of her. 

Ranjith: "Rina, I have something to confess. Even though we've never openly talked about it, I feel that there is something between us. I don't want to keep my feelings hidden any longer, and I want to give a name to what I'm feeling. I may not be skilled in using romantic words to impress a girl, but I want to be straightforward with you. So, here it is, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Would you do me the honor of being my life partner?"

Rina was happy but also nervous and confused about her feelings for Ranjith. Ranjith empathized with her. 

Ranjith: "I understand that my confession might have caught you off guard and left you feeling uncertain. Please know that I am not pressuring you to make a decision. I just wanted to be honest about my feelings. Take all the time you need to think it over and don't feel obligated to respond right away."

Ranjith attempted to stand up, but Rina prevented him from doing so. 

Rina: I love you too… I was not sure about my feelings until your confession. But now I know that I love you. And I want to be with you for the rest of my life.

Ranjith was thrilled beyond pleasure upon hearing her confession. He promptly placed a ring on her finger and the two of them embraced in a joyous celebration. 

During their confession, the rain and cold wind added a romantic touch. After dinner, they spent a little more time at the restaurant before Ranjith escorted her back home.

On the way back to her home,

Rina: "Sir do you know who’s the special guest for whom Randev sir has planned this sudden dinner party that too alone?"

Ranjith: "No, I don’t know."

Rina: "Hey please tell me. I’m just asking out of curiosity. I promise I won't tell anyone about this."

Ranjith: "I know you are curious to know that, but sorry I’m telling the truth that I don’t know who is the guest tonight for whom Sir has planned the dinner party."

Rina: "but sir, he always shares every matter with you right?"

Ranjith: "Yes, that’s what I’m also thinking. Like he always shares everything with me. But this time, he was not ready to share the details. You know for a few days he has been behaving strangely. Don’t you think so?"

Rina: "That's true. Kathy also mentioned this to me."

Ranjith: "Anyway, you should be ready in time to return to the bungalow tomorrow morning. It would be best if we went together and informed Sir first. He'll be happy to hear that."

Rina: "Ok"

After these talks, they reached her home. She bids Ranjith bye and he leaves.

……………………………………………………

The next morning at the bungalow,

The raindrops were dripping. There was only the sound of raindrops dripping on the interlocking floors to fill the silence.

Unlike the previous night, the place today seemed like a mysterious place. The silence heightened the mysterious feel. Rather than giving a sense of peace, silence gave a sense of horror. It became worse when the cool breeze blew.

The silence is broken by a phone ring... it continues for a long time but is not answered. Eventually, the ringing stops as well and the silence spreads once again.

A few hours later, Ranjith and Rina arrived at the place. They felt something different as soon as they reached the gate. In that silent atmosphere, they experienced a feeling that was unknown to them, but they ignored it and continued to go towards the bungalow's main entrance.

The chapter ends here.

Share your valuable comments and vote here.

And don't forget to share the book with your friends.