Darkness

Kevin's Pov

"Omg Kevin!" Kaitlin screams. "What? Haha you get your phone can if you can pry it from my cold dead hands!" I holler back at her running down the field of her backyard. "That can be arranged!" Suddenly Ben walks down the path in front of me obviously coming to hang out with us. I run to him and pick him up bringing him back to Kaitlin. I drop Ben then a rabid Kaitlin jumps on me making me fall to the ground. "Fine here!" I hand her the phone and she lets me off the ground while she laughs wildly and hugs Ben. "Hey guys." He just sits there all calm and peaceful about what just happened. Ben well he is hard to describe, He is just a couple inches shorter than me with black long hair. He has a baby face but with really nice eyes. Ben is skinny with a regular looking body. Ben is 13. Kaitlin is the type of girl you can't forget. Her brown and blond hair always goes perfectly down and never screws up. Her glasses are pink and black and don't look good on me if I steal them off her face. She is really skinny but strong. She is a little shorter than me. Her outfit is different from most girls. She chooses band tea's and skinny jean over blouses and skirts. Skater shoes over heels. She is 14. Me well I'm tall for my age 5"11 and I have a athletic build. Semi long dark brown hair. I wear normal everyday clothes because I have to i'm not allowed to wear what I really want to wear. I am 13 but I look older. We all lay there in the grass laughing and talking like we normally do. "Hey guys lets go get a monster and go back to Kaitlin's." Kaitlin and I both agree and soon were walking down the street to go to the gas station. "So what movie are we going to watch?" I ask walking ahead of them just a little. "Well we haven't see Insidious for awhile let's watch that." Ben and I start laughing at Kaitlin's response. She always picks that movie and can tell you any scene right off the bat. Suddenly tire squeaks and Kaitlin screams. I turn around to see a truck two inches away from me slamming into my body as I hit the front bumper.

Ben's Pov

"Kaitlin! Kevin!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Already calling 911. "Hello my name is Ben my friends just got hit by a truck i think they are dead please hurry." The operator responds back fast. "Sir please calm down first see if they are really dead and give us directions to exactly where you are." I push both Kaitlin's and Kevin's body both with their eyes open in a scarred position. The driver finally crawls out of the truck. "We are two blocks away from the Casey's near the Baseball Fields and the town homes." I say having to repeat it because I said it to fast. "Ok sir we will be right there."

5 min later.

"So what exactly happened?" Officer Jones asked me with a notepad in his hands. "Well we were walking to the gas station when suddenly I hear a loud screeching noise and Kevin and I both turn around to see the truck fly into him as well." I sob while saying this because they are my best-friends. "Well kid there isn't anything we can do besides send this guy to jail he already said he was guilty. Don't worry he won't be allowed to ever set foot outside the gates again." Officer jones starts packing up his equipment and leaves the scene while people come to collect the bodies. I walk home sobbing the whole way. Finally I reach my room and just go to sleep hoping it's all a dream.