Master of the Chi Master

Inside a dark fortress high above a grand city, multiple green streaks of light flew around the room, moving towards a central point within a glowing cage. As more of the light began to merge into each other, an explosion soon rang out and Kai emerged from the blinding green aura. Kai took a gasp of air and then looked around the room It looked like a giant cage composed entirely out of chi. He felt it. It was pretty weak. 

Easy.

As the bull prepared to open the cage, he was startled by an "I wouldn't do that if I were you." 

Out of the shadows emerged a golden sedan chair carried by multiple Komodo guards. Sitting on the chair was a rather tall chameleon decorated with firestones and wearing a long dress. 

Kai chuckled. "And you are....?" he questioned. 

"To you, I am called the Chameleon," the woman answered simply with a hint of a smile on her face. 

Kai scoffed. "Let me guess, bit fancy title to emphasize your achievements?" he asked. "I tried that. Doesn't stick." 

"Really? The widow maker? Jade Slayer? Beast of Vengeance? The Collector?"

Kai's jaw dropped in surprise. The Chameleon chuckled. "I've done my homework," she explained. 

Kai couldn't help but smile. "Finally!" he exclaimed. "Some recognition!"

"To be expected," Chameleon told him. Her chair was firmly placed in the ground and she gave Kai an imperious and stern look. "I used to have that too," she told him. "And then a panda took that away." 

"The Dragon Warrior," Kai guessed with a frown. 

"Close. A little further up the tree." 

Kai blinked in surprise. Chameleon snapped her fingers at one of her henchmen and he ran out of the room. "Their whole blood line is made up of strong chi," she told Kai. "All of them are dangerous. If Lotus Shan is allowed to grow and thrive, there will be a newer, fresher warrior to join him. I intend to prevent that." 

"How?" Kai asked. 

"By stealing chi from its very source and using it in my new central power to rule all of China, and even the world!" 

Kai whistled. "Ambitious," he admitted. "Seems like a lot." 

"Please," Chameleon dismissed. "I used to control commanders from within imperial palaces. All I need is a foolproof plan to get back what should have always been mine."

Kai tapped his arms in boredom. "Lovely story," he told her. "But that doesn't explain why I'm here."

"Simple. You're part of my plan."

On cue, the komodo general brought in a great big table with a giant map laid across it. He rearranged some markers on the board and then stood back to let Chameleon kept talking. 

"To get into the spirit realm and bring the chi source here," she told Kai. "I need the key. Those are possessed by the spiritual leaders of chi, which used to be Master Oogway but now is in the possession of The Dragon Warrior." 

Kai rolled his eyes and snarled, but let her continue. 

"I need an army. I need able bodies to take down the powerful to their absolute lowest. And I need a commander-in-chief, one with strong chi, to help bring this chi from one realm to the other. The process is too much for one. But together..." She looked Kai right in the eye. "We will have everything." 

Kai thought the proposition over. "Sounds like an energizing act of vengeance," he admitted. "Except only one of us will be wielding this power." 

"You'll be compensated well," Chameleon promised. She moved a green marker to a marked section of the board which contained multiple territories. "You once conquered great lands in China. Help me succeed, we will share the territory. All of this will be yours." 

Kai smiled gleefully. "I suppose I could offer my expertise," he agreed. "I just have one question."

"And that is...?"

"Why is your half bigger than mine?"

"Because I went out of my way to reconstruct your shattered chi," Chameleon told him simply. She stood up shakily from her chair and slowly walked over to the general. "That was exhausting, by the way...." 

Kai looked at her and shrugged. "Fair enough," he admitted. "Fine. I accept." 

Chameleon grinned and snapped her fingers, causing the chi cage to vanish. "It will be an absolute pleasure to work with you," she told him.