ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴀᴄᴛ

Yokohama, a beautiful place, truly. The port city begin home of some of the most loyal Ability users in the country, who loved their city equally.

Perhaps this was why Shigaraki Yoichi now sat across one of the most cruel men in the country- in the entire city of Yokohama. His tired eyes stared in tense silence as the old man drank his tea while signing away at the the stack of papers in front of him. The man had yet to answer Yoichi's question; the one that he was so desperately resisting he urge to ask again. Instead, he ripped away his eyes from the man and looked out the window of the building he was currently in. The outside was peaceful, nothing compared to his hometown, as of now. His hometown, where he used to smile and laugh with his older brother, now reduced to rubble and disaster. His brother, once caring and kind, a monster who cursed him into this state. That was his main reason for sitting in this damned office. He was growing restless and his friend was waiting for him outside.

"Why do you think I would be willing to help you... Shigaraki, was it?" He jumped, turning to the old man.

His bright green eyes shifted to look at the small pen in the man's hands, hearing the dangerous clicking.

"I won't hurt you, boy. It was a simple question." The old man sighed and placed the pen down, "You say your brother is giving away meta abilities like candy, correct? What makes you so certain that the Port Mafia will help you control him?"

"I'm not." He admitted.

"The Port Mafia don't have to accept. All I wish is for the weak to be protected, and if that's with your help, I have no one else to turn to right now."

The Boss hummed, lifting his chin a tad bit to give the white haired man a look over. There was a twinkle of distrust in his eyes, that for the most part, made Yoichi sure that he would be walking on thin ice in a few seconds. The silenced that followed unnerved the meta ability user, not that he would admit it.

"...𝘐𝘧 we help you... I would like to have the upper-hand for the future." A cold feeling entered Yoichi's body as the man chuckled. "Nothing too serious or dangerous, just... precaution."

Masuji Ibuse, the current Port Mafia boss, stood up, his lips curling into a smile. Yoichi flinched as the man walked around the desk and stood in front of him, eyes wide and full of glee.

"Ability: Black Rain."

There were gold words circling around the man that almost blinded Yoichi, had he not looked away seconds before. For a moment, the light stayed in the room, until it dimmed and became smaller. He looked back towards the old man, seeing a shining piece of paper in his hands.

"Abilities and Meta Abilities are quiet different, you see." The paper was placed in front of him, on the desk. "While your powers are genetic, mine and other ability users have no idea where they come from. They're not detectable- not 𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭."

Seeing the confusion on his face, Masuji further explained. "Meaning, even if I die, my ability will keep this contract active and strong."

Oh... 𝘖𝘩.

His bad feeling grew, the same that he had whenever he thought of his brother.

"The Port Mafia will only help you in your fight with your brother. It's up to you to inform non-meta users- and only the non-meta - that Yokohama will offer them protection from the outside world. In exchange, you and any future user of your power is to belong to us."

A sick feeling stirred in his stomach, yet he didn't disagree.

"Your brother is most likely going to live a long life and grow in numbers, therefor, I, as the current boss, want to assure that you and your successors are doing their job in years to come."

"By owning me?" He could finally speak, though in a small whisper. The old man laughed, his hands slamming against the desk so hard, Yoichi could see the wood crack a bit.

"Kid, you were never going to walk out here without doing something for me. Now, sign the paper and leave."

Yoichi didn't move at first, his fingers frozen. He gulped, feeling the stare pointed at his head. Soon, he felt his hand move, agreeing and signing the contract that was burning his eyes. As he did, it dimmed and became black- just as his ability entailed.

"...Freedom from your brother... means being shackled by someone else... how amusing." Yoichi's head fogged. "You and your people will have consequences if this contract if broken, Shigaraki... Don't disappoint me."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Ah, it seems the contract has been broken... What an idiot he is."

"Does this mean we'll finally be sent in?"

"Of course, I know you won't two disappoint."