Stronger Than He Looks

{Sky's first Christmas Party at Prapai's home featuring a not-so-lightly toasted Prapai, his family, and some fluffy hilarity.}

Sky looked around curiously at the crowds of people milling about Prapai's family home. Tonight was their annual Christmas party, and the home was filled with family, friends, and colleagues of each member of the family. Sky was amazed that the sheer number of guests could make Pai's enormous house feel almost cozy.

"Sky!"

He turned at the shout of his name to see Rain pulling Payu towards him. Rain wore a suit in a muted green, with a white dress shirt, while Payu wore a steel grey suit with a black shirt, foregoing a tie, and instead leaving the top buttons undone. Their looks complimented each other as Rain's tie was a matching grey, and Payu's had a pocket square of the same green as Rain's suit.

"Hello Rain," Sky greeted as they came to stand next to him, "P'Payu."

"Hello Sky," Payu greeted dropping a casual arm over his boyfriend's shoulders and also surveying the scene. "Having fun so far?"

"Mhmm," Sky replied nodding, "Everything is very beautiful. Phan has been working very hard setting everything up since their parents were traveling up until last week."

"Where's P'Pai," Rain asked, picking some fruit off the plate Sky held before he pulled it away.

"Talking to business associates with his parents," Sky replied with a frown. "He didn't want me to be bored, so he left me with Plerng, but he wandered off after some cute boy he saw."

"Sounds like Plerng," Payu chuckled. "Want me to go rescue him?"

"No, it's okay. I don't want to interrupt if it's important," Sky deferred. He didn't want to give P'Pai's parents any reason to dislike him.

"Believe me, he'll be grateful," Payu assured. "Besides, no one talks about anything important at these events. It's all just bragging and talking about where they plan to holiday over the next couple of weeks."

"Will you get us some food, P'Payu," Rain begged, turning a pouting face to Payu, "I'm hungry."

Payu gave him an indulgent smile, brushing a casual hand over Rain's hair, but careful not to disturb it too much. "Of course. I'll be back in few moments; you stay here with Sky." The words were said casually, but the strong eye contact Payu made as he said them certified them as a command.

Rain nodded vigorously with a smile, stepping away from Payu and closer to Sky.

"Are you having fun Sky," Rain asked, looking intently at Sky.

"It's a very nice party, I'm just nervous," Sky conceded. "This is the biggest event I've gone to with P'Pai and I just want to make a good impression."

"I'm sure you are," Rain insisted, "you're so smart. Plus, your suit looks so good."

Sky looked down at his suit, the jacket was a soft velvet in Sky's favorite color, forest green, with black satin on the lapels. Phan had taken him to buy it a few weeks ago, and even had him come back and get it tailored. He felt very handsome, though still a little out of place in such an expensive garment.

He'd even allowed the people Phan had hired for herself to do his hair and make-up. They'd swept and moussed his hair back from his face, showing his shallow widow's peak, and applied light shadow and mascara his eyes, and some highlighter to his cheeks. He'd never thought much about make-up, but really loved the effect of his brightened eyes.

He was also wearing "early Christmas presents" from Phan and Plerng, though he fully expected to have another gift from each of them when he came to celebrate Christmas with just the family next week. Phan had gifted him with a small, filigreed ear cuff. It looked delicate and lovely but wasn't too flashy. Plerng had created a new brooch for him, a cloud with simple swirls that matched Prapai's wind one.