𝐕 - 𝐥𝗼𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝗺𝐞 𝐧𝗼 𝐬𝐞𝐞, 𝐣𝗼𝐭𝐚𝐫𝗼...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

NINE YEARS LATER. 1999.

Kenji let out a loud, dry cough. Kakyoin got worried and held onto Kenji's shoulders.
"Get some rest." Kakyoin suggested. "I'll make some soup."
Kenji laid down on the bed before Kakyoin covered him with a blanket.
"Thank you, Kakyoin." Kenji said kindly.
Kenji unfortunately got really sick. Since he is getting older, he's getting more sick often. Kenji is staying home from his job to rest while Kakyoin takes care of him.

Kakyoin went to the kitchen to start making him soup. A new hobby that he started getting interested is cooking. Sure, Kenji can also cook a little bit but whenever Kenji is sick, Kakyoin would cook as well.
Kakyoin would use cookbooks to learn.
In the kitchen, Kakyoin put on his cute apron with cherries on it. He then started gathering ingredients.
The soup he's making is a chicken soup, and will also make lemon tea that will help Kenji with his cough.

Once Kakyoin finished making the soup and tea, he placed them on a tray. He slowly started walking to Kenji's room, being careful not to spill anything.
He knocked on the door and came in.
Kenji sat up and smiled at Kakyoin's presence.
Kakyoin placed the tray on Kenji's lap. He smiled back.
"Thank you."
"Mhm." Kakyoin nodded. "If you need anything else, then let me know."
"Alright."
Kakyoin was about to leave the room, until Kenji stopped him.
"Wait." Kenji said.

Kakyoin stopped walking and faced Kenji.
"Come closer. I have to tell you something."
Kakyoin listened and walked closer to Kenji. He waited for Kenji to say something.
Kenji gave him a soft smile. "Let me be honest. Since you showed me for the past few years that you're responsible..."
Kenji paused as Kakyoin waited for Kenji to say what he needed to say.
"That you are ready to go out."

"..."
Kakyoin was speechless. He didn't know what to say. Nor believed what he was hearing.
He's finally ready to go out? After 11 years?!
"R-Really..?" Kakyoin said in shock.
"Yep. You're already 28 years old at this point so I think you should go now." Kenji said. "You don't have to leave now, but you can leave anytime you want."

Kakyoin brightly smiled and hugged Kenji. "Thank you, Kenji!!"
Kenji smiled and hugged back. "You're welcome..."
Kakyoin released the hug.
He then asked, "But what about you?"
"What about me?" Kenji repeated.
"Well, if I leave, you'll be lonely again. And plus you're sick right now..."
"No need to worry about me. I'll be fine. I can just go to a doctor myself."
Kakyoin hesitated a bit, but agreed. "Ok then..."
They both hugged again before Kakyoin goes to his room to find that gift for Jotaro when they see each other again.
Kakyoin comes back holding a dolphin plushie.

"Is that a gift for Jotaro?" Kenji asked before taking a sip of his soup.
Kakyoin nodded. "Yes. You know Jotaro really likes marine life. And by now he's probably already a marine biologist."
Kenji laughed. "Yeah. Also, you always talk about Jotaro. Are you..."
Kenji smirked at Kakyoin.
"What...?" Kakyoin said with confusion.
After realizing what Kenji meant, Kakyoin got all flustered.
"W-What?! Of course not!" Kakyoin said. "Why would you say that, ahaha..."