Chapter 4: Cooldown

Mark, Justin, and Cesar were sent home to get some rest while Samantha and Ruth remained to continue studying. When they were about to go home, Cesar and Samantha were talking to each other. Mark heard what they were talking about and got depressed. Ruth saw that Mark was depressed. She looked at Samantha and Cesar.

"What were they talking about?"

Mark sighed yet again.

"They arranged that they should date via eating together after school."

"Hmm. Let's plan. Let's eat after school."

"What plan?"

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it."

"Ok."

While they were talking, they were approached by Cesar.

"Mark, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Are you sure?"

"Very."

Cesar looked at Ruth.

"Is Justin okay?"

"Yes, he is."

"Good, I'm just gonna check him out."

Cesar went towards Justin and the two of them talked. Ruth looked at Samantha and then at Mark.

"Mark, go and approach Samantha. There's no one talking with her. Approach her while Cesar is still talking."

Mark smiled at Ruth and went towards Samantha.

"Hi, Samantha! Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm ok. What about you, how's your cheek? You were punched by Junrey's underling."

"I'm ok. That was soft."

"Such boasting. Hey, do you want to be with us, me and Cesar, to eat somewhere?"

"What? Were only the two of you supposed to eat with each other?"

"Why not? I need also guidance on how I could talk to Cesar."

"What? You're shy? Hahaha."

The two of them laughed.

Samantha looked at Cesar and then back to Mark.

"I want to have someone to be with me because I'm shy towards him."

"Ok. I'll be with you."

"What? Thank you very much, bro."

"You're Welcome." 'Bro? Is that what she thinks of me?'

The thought of Mark being only a friend to Samantha caused a daunting feeling for him.

'Bro? Is this the end of me?'

Mark thought that the invitation was an opportunity where he could know Samantha more. But he needed help on how to talk to Samantha when Cesar is present.

"Can I bring Ruth with us?"

"It's ok, you can bring her with us. You could even bring Justin with us."

"Okay, I'll tell him. Thank you very much, Samantha."

"You're welcome."

Mark, Justin, and Cesar went home together. The three of them walked to their homes together. While the three of them were walking to their homes, Mark looked at Justin. While Mark was looking at Justin, Cesar looked at Mark. Cesar saw that Mark looked sad. Cesar looked at Justin whom Mark was looking at. Cesar saw that Justin's face was beaten up good.