my brothers are my best friends

Dear Jesse and Oscar,

I know this is Jesse's diary but it feels rude to only write to him. You're both my brothers and I want to tell both of you how everything is.

It's weird that I'm the last one here. I don't think I like it.

No, I know I don't like it.

I've never written in a diary before. I don't know how I'm supposed to do it. You knew how to, or at least it seems like you knew. I don't know how you always wrote about something. I cant think of anything to write about. I'll just tell you about right now.

We're on the road, we haven't found people yet but Daryl says probably we will soon. He's lying. It has been about two months. He says I can make new friends and won't have to hang around with him anymore. I told him I liked staying with him and he laughed at me.

I don't think I was good at making friends anyway. I had some friends, but I never ever got as close to them as I did with you two. You were always my best friends. I loved it and hated it at the same time. I never fought with you, either of you. But I had no other best friends. School was always weird.

I don't have to worry about school anymore. Or friends.

I have lots of friends now. Carl is my best friend and so is Glenn. I shouldn't really pick favourites from the group but they are and Daryl too. I like who we have now, I hope it can stay that way for as long as possible. I know it won't last forever.

Love from Rio

Also: did it ever feel this weird when you wrote to a book?? I feel super weird. This might become a 'thing' I'm going to try and write to you more if I get time