Chapter 2 ~ all lathered up ~

After discussing it with the guys, the plan was to collect his things then go to Phikhuam's cottage with him and be on call 24-7 until he could find someone else. He and Champ went back to their room to grab their things and Champ came back to the penthouse suite to spend the evening with Kan and Andy.

Ian stood by the door waiting for Phikhuam, he couldn't help but feel envious that he wasn't going to be able to hang with the guys. He suddenly felt as if he was on the outside looking in and even though he knew he should be feeling excited about spending more time with his crush after so many years he felt kind of sad.

After Phikhuam had said goodnight, he and Ian made their way downstairs and through the resort and Ian felt like a bug under a microscope as everyone stared and the four security guards flanked them as they walked out into the grounds and headed for the beach.

Walking through the grounds they approached a bridge that spanned a large swimming pool then beyond that was a long stretch of beach which was lit by twinkling string lights, it looked beautiful and Ian hung back until Phikhuam stopped to see where he was.

"what are you doing back there, are you ashamed to be seen with me or something?" Phikhuam said in a teasing manner.

"no, I was just giving you guys some space" Ian replied.

"come and walk beside me so we can talk"

"right" Ian said catching up to his new patient.

"so do you want to tell me what is wrong with your wrist then?" Ian asked.

"well, I was filming a drama and I fell and fractured my wrist" Phikhuam replied.

"how long ago?" Ian asked.

"it's been a few day's"

"so we're looking at several weeks recovery time and what med's did they give you?" Ian asked him.

"I think one was codeine and I forget the other one" Phikhuam said.

"I'm guessing it will be an anti inflammatory but you can show me later" Ian said.

"you're very professional Ian"

"that's what you hired me for" Ian said.

"did I do something to make you angry Ian?" Phikhuam couldn't help asking.

"no, why?"

"it's just that you're different to how you were when we met in London"

"what can I say, I was star struck back then, you must have thought I was an idiot or something, I can assure you it won't happen again" Ian said.

"ok but just for the record, I never thought that you were an idiot, I thought you were kind of cute" Phikhuam said as they continued to walk towards the rental cottage.

Ian was a little surprised at Phikhuam's words but he didn't take them too seriously, he imagined he was the same with everyone he met, someone who was used to being in the public eye, he would be very good at putting people at ease and complimenting them.

They finally arrived at a pretty cottage which was cordoned off and two more security were waiting at the front and back entrances. They gave Phikhuam the all clear before he walked in and Ian followed with his bags.

"you guys will be changing shifts soon yes?" Phikhuam addressed the guards in Thai.

"yes but we won't disturb you sir" one of them replied.

"ok, and thank you for today, order whatever you need to make the job more comfortable for you all, I'll cover the expenses" Phikhuam said to him.

"yes sir, thank you"