(im)perfect night

"Well, I'll go meet up with Paris. See you guys." Jisung and Felix watched as Hyunjin disappeared in the crowd.

"Are you okay?" asked Felix.

*Why wouldn't I be?* Jisung shrugged, clearly trying to hide his expressions.

"I don't know." Felix narrowed his eyes. "So, let's get on the dance floor?"

Jisung grinned and nodded as an answer. They then sped towards the floor where everyone else present in the party were dancing to the music that was played by the DJ. The two friends had a lot of fun moving to the beats of the songs.

After hours of dancing, they finally got exhausted and went outside the house, into the lawn, to catch their breaths.

"Hey," Hyunjin approached them. "I'm back."

Jisung was staring at the distance and suddenly gasped out loud. He pointed at the pool and looked excited on seeing it there.

"You should go in there if you'd like to." Felix encouraged.

"Yeah, I could join you, if you want." Hyunjin suggested too.

His smile dropped when he realized that if he went to swim, he couldn't bring his jacket along, the jacket that he cherished the most, his mother's jacket.

*But I cannot leave my jacket alone...*

"Oh, Hannie! Just go! You deserve to have fun for once." Felix demanded. "I'll take care of the jacket."

*You sure?*

"Very much! Now you and Hyunjin, go have fun." He pushed them towards the pool together, after Jisung handed over his jacket.

"I ship." He added as he watched them get closer to the pool, together. "Now time to watch over this jacket, my life depends on it."

He just stood there, with the jacket in his hand, when Jeongin--Hyunjin's cousin--the boy whom he likes, approached him and asked, "Hey, want to dance?"

"Do I?!" He exclaimed, blood rushing to his freckled cheeks. "Of course!"

He followed Jeongin, forgetting about his friend's jacket which was now lying on the ground. Unknown to him, someone picked it up with an evil look.

___

Back at the pool, Jisung and Hyunjin were having a great time while swimming and splashing water on each other. They played until they were tired. That's when Hyunjin spoke up, "I wanted to ask you something..."

Jisung became alert which signaled him to continue.

"This past week, we've gotten sort of close, right?" He continued.

Jisung nodded with a beaming smile.

Hyunjin let out a breath, "I... I like you, Jisung." He whispered, getting close to him. "I like you a lot."

The shorter boy just stared at him, wide-eyed, before grabbing the pocket notebook from his clothes, and wrote, 'What about your girlfriend?'

"I broke up with her." He replied. "She was never a true girlfriend to me, it was only because of my popularity and looks that she dated me. Moreover, I got to know how it is to actually fall for someone only when I met you."

Jisung was frozen in his place. On seeing him, the taller sighed. "You don't like me back, do you? Well, this is awkward. I hope you find someone who deserves you, Ji, just know that you'll always have a place in my heart."

He turned to walk away when his wrist got pulled and was yanked into a kiss by Jisung. He widened his eyes in shock for a split second before pulling the other closer by the waist, deepening the kiss. They pulled back looking into each other's eyes, with a smile on their faces.

Jisung's gaze then went towards the other side of the lawn where Felix was standing. He was not there, neither was his jacket. He panicked and left Hyunjin behind, putting his top back on, in search for his jacket.

"Ji, where are you going?!" The other boy called out. "Was I really that bad of a kisser?"

. . .

Jisung went back to the same place, searched all over there for Felix and his jacket. No sign of them. He then ran inside the house and noticed many people standing in front of the staircase. He made his way through the crowd and saw Paris holding his mother's jacket.

"Behold, everyone!" She started. "The infamous jacket that the school troublemaker always has wrapped around his waist! He hasn't taken this thing off since we've first saw him, and honestly..." She tossed it under her feet. "It must really stink! He has an obsession over this jacket, and obsessions aren't good for anyone. Therefore," She took out a lighter from her pocket. "I am going to get rid of it."

Hyunjin had entered the place by then, while looking for Jisung.

Paris was about to put the jacket on fire when somebody shouted, "No!"

Everyone turned to watch as Jisung himself was the one who voiced. He bolted at Paris and yelled, "Don't you dare touch the jacket!" Everything went silent for a while after that. Everyone in the room witnessed the scene unfold in front of them.

Paris' voice shook as she said, "You just... spoke?!"

___