Chapter Six - Voices

As soon as we return home i can already hear the sound of my brother's footsteps. "Y/n! What..." his hands now cupping my face, but i slowly put them down grabbing his wrists. "Did you do it again?" he ask worried, but i don't answer, instead i simply get away and make my way to the bathroom.

"Y/n!" this is the last thing i hear before closing the door, Hailee's angelic voice. My back hit the cold wall and gently slide down. I bring my knees to my chest and my head lowers until it rests on my knees, i don't cry, don't hit nothing, don't scream, just think, and then i heard it again, the voice which i haven't heard in a long time.

Are you getting better?

"What?" i ask raising my head again

You heard me

"God not you again" i sigh

Okay point one, you're rude, point two, answer my question

I was lost for a moment, trying to figure out what he meant. "No"

Are you trying to get better?

"No" i simply respond

Why?

I started to think, why i'm not trying? what the fuck stops me?
After few minutes i figure it out.

"You know..sometimes you just don't wanna heal"

And why that?

"Because pain it's the only link to what you've lost"

And you think that what've you lost is still that important?

Honestly i don't know, i simply don't respond

"Don't tell me you're going to return please"

This depends on you

With that i can feel the voice disappear, i try to find out why he return, i thought i get ridden of him...but i thought the same of my anger.

When I came out of the bathroom I didn't know what time it was or how long I had spent in there, I was just wishing I didn't left Hailee and my brother alone for too long. When I came back downstairs I see Federico stand up immediately along with Hailee.

"Don't worry, I didn't hit anything this time" I say making my way to the couch.

"Or anyone" my brother say, I look first at him and then at Hailee. "She told me what happen" I simply nod and look down at my hands while my fingers played with the gauze stain with blood on my knuckles.

"How are you?" I finally hear Hailee's voice. "Fine, don't worry about me" I simply say, seriously i'm ok, I think. "It doesn't seem" Hailee says. I don't wanna to drag this out any longer so I look at my telephone to check the hour. "It's getting late, I'm going to make dinner" I stood up and go in the kitchen feeling my brother and Hailee's gaze on me.

I reach the kitchen and try to think of what i could make. I open the fridge but i can only see some bacon, pasta, minced beef, tomato puree, carots, onions...well i guess i'll make some tagliatelle with ragù. I was starting to put everything out of the fridge when i hear someone opening the kitchen's door.

"Hey" Hailee says reaching me in the kitchen counter "Hey" i simply respond and look at her. "How are you feeling?" she looks at me shyly

"Good, why?" i continue to focus on prepare the dinner. "Why? Y/n are you serious?" now her shyly trasform into something i can say it's a mix of angry and worry.

"Princess seriously i'm fine, actually a feel pretty satisfied after punched the leprechaun" i say laughing, she lets out a little chuckle too, my good that smile, she's really beautiful.