(TEASER) Chapter 3: Part 2 - Worrisome

Warning! Contains mention of s*icide.

(Nickel POV)

Thoughts. Why am I so concerned for him? We didn't even get along before this! It's like he disappeared into thin air. And there's no possible way he could have killed himself. Mephone would have gotten the notification to recover him and he would have spawned back at the hotel.. I... I just don't understand. What would be his motivation for just.. running away?

He was pulled from the worrying prison of his own mind when Microphone shook his side a little bit.
"Nickel?"

He sighed, looking irritated. "What do you want, loudmouth??"

Mic put her hands up in front of her in a defensive position. "Calm down..! You were spacing out again and I just wanted to know if you were alright. This is like the 9 time on our hike that you've been trapped in thought."

Nickel blinked, and shook his head. "Ugh... sorry. I guess I've just... bnworedabtbloon..."

Mic leaned a little closer, cupping her non existent ear to hear him better. 

"I've.. beenworriedabouthim...."

Mic sighed. "I can't hear y-"

"I'VE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT BALLOON." Nickel said, his tone of voice a bit louder. But he made sure it wasn't loud enough for anyone else to hear.

Mic stopped walking, as did Nickel. She stared at him in shock for what felt like endless minutes before she spoke. "You..? Worried about... Balloon??"

Nickel growled before stepping closer to her. His tone of voice shifted to a quiet one once again as he replied. He seemed to talk through his teeth. "Shut.. up. Before someone else catches on."

Microphone's cheeks started to puff up as she sputtered out little sprinkles of spit, before busting out into laughter.

"BAHAHAHAHAH!! YOU?? WORRYING ABOUT SOMEONE?! THAT'S A GOOD ONE- HAHAHAHA!"

Nickel felt his eyebrows furrow in frustration and confusion.

Maybe I'm just second guessing myself. I'm probably just being paranoid. Maybe she's right...? Thought Nickel. Oh boy was this going to be a difficult trip.

END OF TEASER

Will Nickel discover what his true emotions are? Tune in next time for official part two of Chapter 3: Worrisome!~

Word count: 340