Chapter 1

My eyes fell upon all of the colours and shops lining the beautiful stone roads in the town. The people rushing past would give me a small smile, some of the more friendly ones would even stop to say hello in a well mannered greeting. I skipped along, jumping over every crack in the road as Natsu lead the way through the town. I took a deep breath, the aroma of people and freshly cut grass climbed their way into my nostrils. I couldn’t believe I was running the streets of magnolia, with a Fairy Tail sign imprinted onto my collar bone, where it is close to my heart. I already felt as if I were home, though I know that I will have a few mementos from my old “home”.

            Natsu pointed to different shops and restaurants, speaking a brief history of each one. He must have been here since he was a child, either that or he is a fast learner, but he doesn’t look like one. He turned his head to look at me, evidently making sure I was still listening to his short summaries. I nodded, smiling with my eyes.

            “This is boring.” Natsu groaned once we had sat down in front of an ice cream parlor. I nodded in agreement while taking a few licks of my mint-chocolate chip ice cream cone. My jaw dropped as I watched Natsu scarf down his whole three-scoops of ice cream in one giant bite. I blushed at the thought of all of these weird people in Fairy Tail, first a boy who doesn’t notice his clothes are off and now some pink haired kid who won’t stop eating.

            “I agree.” I muttered, turning away from him. That’s when an idea popped into my head like a light bulb had flickered on. “I have this really cool thing I can do! It’s really fun!” I jumped up from my seat, prancing around like a school girl. Natsu stared at me, his face twisted in confusion.

            “What is it?” He asked, standing up. I giggled and pointed to the sky, swirling my fingers in a graceful motion. I always show people an amazing trick that I can do with my wind-magic. He tilted his head in confusion, watching me trace an invisible picture in the sky.

            “I’ll show you! It’s something I can do with my wind-magic!” I giggled.

            He rolled his eyes before saying. “How many of you are there?” I shrugged off the retort and hugged him around the waist. He doubled back in surprise, obviously shocked from my sudden touch. I looked up at him, noticing his cheeks were burning red. “W-what are you doing?”

            “Just hang on.” I ordered before forcing his hands around me. He was shaking as I let my energy surge through my body. It lifted the skirt of my dress, every pulse moving into rhythm with the spell.

            The wind erupted from my body, spinning in a brilliant circle around both of us. It spiraled until it was a fully fledged tornado, slowly lifting us from the ground. I struggled with the weight of another person, having not done this for a very long time. I lifted off the ground with great speed. We ascended into the sky with the giant push of pulsing wind from underneath us, along with the tornado violently ripping around us. I glanced around the spinning, make-shift room just as Natsu did, his eyes sparkling with astonish.

            “This is so cool!” He yelled over the loud whistle of the wind. I nodded my head holding him tighter as I climbed higher and higher into the sky. Once I had reached a height of satisfaction, I responded to Natsu.

            “Get ready for this part, it will be even cooler.” I winked at him. He raised his eyebrow but only a moment after I let go of him, the tornado coming to a harsh halt. The two seconds of silence was strange after the ripping air. The peace was soon disturbed after Natsu let out a loud yell, plummeting to the ground. I giggled to myself, loving how much I must tease people.