Chapter 2

“Um, what is this?” I asked, pointing to the piece of netted fabric being hung by two wooden posts. Natsu finished pounding the nail into one of the wooden posts, before hanging the end of the fabric onto the piece of metal. He jumped onto the hanging thing and rested his hands behind his head.

            “It’s a hammock!” He began to rock back on forth on the thing – hammock.

            “And what is it used for?” I asked, putting my suitcase down beside one of the wooden posts. He sat up on the hammock, until he lost balance and came crashing to the ground two feet below him. His body made a loud bang as it connected with the hard wood floor, causing his blue cat to laugh hysterically. I giggled along with the thing, remembering its name is Happy.

            Natsu stood up while rubbing his head. “It’s your bed.” My face fell at the statement, wanting so badly to sleep on an actual bed. I shrugged my shoulders before jumping onto the hammock, only to spin a few times and be shot towards the wall. I crashed into the wood, shooting pains aching throughout my body.

            “I think it rejected me.” I laughed while rubbing my head, careful not to move my fringe. Natsu held out a hand, helping me up from the uncomfortable floor. I winked at him, before carefully making my way onto the netted bed. I went to un-zip the back of my dress, until I remembered that a flying cat and teenage boy were in the room.

            “Uh, where do you sleep?” I asked, glancing around the filthy house. There where pictures across the wall, with little captions. He must enjoy keeping milestones for himself, but he sure didn’t like to clean. There was food everywhere, and just general filth lining the large cabin. The walls were wooden, but a sort of purple colour. There was a window near the front door, the silver moon shining onto my face. The house seemed to really consist of one big room, a loft, and probably a bathroom somewhere up there.

            Natsu pointed directly across the room, where wooden columns – much like the ones holding up my hammock – where holding two clumped up nets. Well, they looked like nets, but were much like the thing I was sleeping in. My face fell, the rosy colour flooding my cheeks.

            “Uh, I can’t sleep in the same room as you.” I warned.

            “Why?” Happy piped. Both of their heads were tilted, Happy flying beside Natsu’s head. I scratched my blue hair, tugging at the fringe. The rosy colour only burned to a bright red. I will have to lie, because the reason will require trust. I sighed, gripping my zipper.

            “I sleep naked.” I lied. Though it wasn’t a complete lie, I usually do sleep naked, but I don’t mind wearing pajamas. Natsu doubled back, his face burning red.

            “Well, uh...” He stuttered, scratching his head. I hung my head to hide my sinister smile, hopefully this will work. He began to chuckle like a child, making me look up at him as if he were crazy. “It will be dark! Besides, you will have a blanket!” He laughed before throwing a duvet at my face, seemingly getting it from nowhere.

            “W-wait!” I protested, reaching out and grabbing his scarf. He gripped my wrist suddenly, his eyes seeming to slant in an evil anger. I began to shake, knowing that look all too well. His face softened, letting go of my wrist and making his way over to his hammock. What was that?

            “What’s wrong?” He asked. I clenched my fists, not knowing what to tell him. “Uh, I’m thirsty!”

            “Wow, she is more annoying than Lucy!” Happy giggled, talking as if it were okay to say such things. I glared at the flying cat, who still remains completely dumbfounded about the whole situation. I sighed, looking over to Natsu, smiling slightly with a small glint in his eye.