𝟐𝟕.

Jangmi ran errands for her and her mother at the nearby grocery store

Jangmi ran errands for her and her mother at the nearby grocery store. Due to the recent incident at the coin karaoke place, she felt uneasy about being alone there, but she had mentally prepared herself for any situation. The trip to the grocery store proceeded without issues, as did the shopping. However, an unexpected encounter halted her progress as she strolled back home with bags of groceries in hand.

A faint voice called out from behind her, "Choi Jangmi?"

Turning around, she felt a sinking sensation in her stomach as she saw Sunho cautiously approaching. Though her initial reaction was to drop the bags and confront him, something about his demeanor gave her pause. His eyes were red and moist, suggesting he had experienced the effects of pepper spray.

"What do you want?" she asked, her tone void of emotion.

"I wanted to apologize," he mumbled, visibly terrified.

Curiosity lingered in Jangmi's mind as she questioned why a man like him, who seemed unyielding before, now appeared so apprehensive. Nevertheless, she pressed on, "I didn't catch that. Speak up."

"I'm sorry," he said with increased volume, his hands trembling. "I apologize for what I did to you and Im Jugyeong."

Closing the distance, she observed him instinctively retreat. "Have you apologized to Jugyeong as well?"

His gaze and the subtle reference to his reddened face indicated that Jugyeong had recently used pepper spray on him. Undeterred, she pressed on without allowing her expression to soften. "I don't want to see your face again, and if I do, you'll wish pepper spray was the least of your worries." With that, she turned away, striding back to her home.

The remainder of Jangmi's evening was consumed by texting Minho, filling him in on the recent coin karaoke altercation. As always, Minho's witty commentary provided a welcome distraction, lifting her spirits and allowing her to vent her emotions.

MINHO:

Seojun coming to your rescue like that? So romantic! I'm mad at my boyfriend now because he never did something like that for me.

JANGMI:

too bad he's not my bf.

MINHO:

Are you finally admitting that you want him to be your boyfriend?

JANGMI:

it was sarcasm!! (·•᷄‎ࡇ•᷅ )

MINHO:

Yeah, right.

JANGMI:

凸( •̀_•́ )凸

well what about the fact that he pretended he didn't apologize and didn't care? still think that's romantic?