Chapter 5

After trying on multiple outfits for Laura, and comments like:

" No, not that one. It makes your boobs look lumpy."

" Why do you even own that?"

"You look like your dressed to go to a funeral."

They finally found something for Rena to wear.

A formfitting white v-neck with a light jacket over top and some jean rolled up into capris.

Now it's time for hair and makeup.

Laura does loose curls on Rena's light brown hair.

And puts mascara and eyeliner on with a little face makeup before declaring Rena ready.

Rena looks in the mirror," Wow, I look decent," she turns to Laura and they both scream.

Laura looks at the time," Oooh my gosh! It's 6:20! You have to leave in ten minutes!"

Rena feels her heart rate starting to pick up.

Am I really doing this?, she asks her self.

" Okay, so when you get there just remember: be cool. Don't act crazy. Respond to his flirting but not to much, just enough to keep him going and when you leave make sure to give him a hug and say something like ' let's do this again' or something. I don't know actually," Laura pauses," this is it Rena. Don't blow it! Now go,go,go its 6:30!"

Rena grabs her phone and purse before heading to the door.

" Put a breath mint in before you go in. Oh remember those conversation starters I showed you? Use 'em. Be safe! Have fun! I love you!" Laura yells down the hallway.

"Love you too!" Rena yells back.

"Okay,"she breaths," I can do this."

•*•*•

It only takes 15 minutes to get to Menchies but Rena likes to be early.

She walks in and scans the room for a mop of curls.
She spots him. In the back tasting sample after sample.

She laughs quietly as she watches him.

Tonight he is dressed casually jeans and a white t-shirt.

Wait, he has tattoos.

Wait, that girl over there(really pretty) is flirting with Harry.

Rena makes a beeline for Harry and when she's close enough yells" Harry! Hey!"

He turns, his eyes flicker around the room before landing on Rena and a smile makes its way to his face.

" Hey Rena!" He smiles walking to her.

Wow he's beautiful.

"Taking some samples?" She smirks, as she grabs the little cup to take samples.

" Well, see, the thing is, is that I got here early...and I wanted frozen yogurt, so I decided to sample some," he pauses(Rena still can't get over beautiful this man is), looking around before whispering," that girl that was talking to me," he jerks his head in her direction," she is extremely annoying and you saved me, thank you," he stands up to full height.

Sometime while he was whispering he hunched over to her height.

He motions her over to the frozen yogurt," Red Velvets pretty good, oh so is cake batter, but it's a little on the sweet side," he goes on to explain all the different flavors and which one he prefers.

" So which one are you gonna pick?" He asks.

" Red velvet, definitely!" She laughs.

She sees the girl that was flirting with Harry rolling her eyes.