Apple Pie

Two weeks passed, and it wasn't long before they deemed you stable enough to leave the ICU. You had a room overlooking the park beside the building.

It was nice watching all the people pass by and enjoy the little trails that disappeared into the trees. Sukuna thought you would've liked watching all the different kinds of dogs running around. He knows you've always wanted a dog but Mitts was too precious to you to get rid of.

He thought about buying you a dog. He thought about it all the time. He thought about how having a dog would make you get out of the house to enjoy the outdoors. He knows you like being outside.

Though you don't need a dog to go outside. Your garden is a testament to that. Not only were your flower beds lush and colorful but the fresh vegetables that you pulled from your garden were always so tasty.

You liked cooking with fresh ingredients. It always made your dishes taste so much better. Though he loved everything you cooked, regardless of what you used.

Sukuna had a hard time leaving your side. If it wasn't for Toji and Uraume, he would have never left.

Every day seemed to get harder and harder. It seemed like each passing hour his despair grew and the idea of you waking up seemed further and further away.

Uraume made sure Sukuna ate plenty and got sleep, even if it was only a few hours a day. Uraume knew you'd be upset if Sukuna didn't take care of himself. They couldn't watch him destroy himself waiting for you.

Sukuna would spend the night with you, and Toji would come in the morning. Uraume would pick up Sukuna and take him home often. Megumi and Yuji were at the house every morning and night to take care of the animals. Sometimes they run into Uraume and Sukuna. Not often though.

Toji gave the boys a few chores to do as well so it wasn't all on Uraume's shoulders. They didn't mind. It's not like they had schoolwork or anything else to do. It was simple stuff, like sweeping and dusting. Uraume handled the laundry and dishes.

Now that you were finally in a general area of the hospital, you could have more visitors. They still put a limit of four people at a time.

Sukuna was munching on a sandwich that Toji brought him from a nearby bakery. Toji gave it to him for breakfast but he ended up saving it for lunch. Toji had to leave earlier, so Sukuna was alone with you.

It was much easier to look at you now. There weren't nearly as many tubes around you. There was still an IV and heart monitor and the usual things to read your vitals. Your clunky oxygen mask was gone, and in its place was a smaller tube gently placed under your nose.

Nurses would come in often to regulate treatment, making sure you got nutrients and remained as healthy as possible.

Today Sukuna was feeling better. The nurses removed some of the bandages on your head to try and let your wounds breathe.

On the left side of your face was a long line of stitches stretching from your forehead to the middle of your cheek. The area had a nasty bruise as well. It would probably leave a bad scar, but Sukuna had never been so relieved to see your face. Your eyes were closed but you looked so peaceful. You no longer looked like you were on the verge of death. He still felt an overwhelming guilt, nothing about that changed.

He swallowed the bite he had taken and peered over at you again, "When you wake up we'll go to this place together." He gestured to the sandwich, "I think you'd like them."

He's been talking to you a lot more as well. While he was researching things about comas he saw patients sometimes report being able to hear everything around them, and he wanted you to know he was with you. Though he doesn't talk to you much when there are other people in the room. He just likes having little private conversations with you.