chapter six

"Inyo?"

I flinch and snap my head towards the voice, feeling relief wash over me that it is only Volo. His hair is out of its usual bun, blond strands just falling down. Ontop of his head you can see the result of sleeping, bed hair, and oh Arceus... The blond looks absolutely adorable like this.

"Volo, what are you doing up?" He yawns and walks towards me, sitting next to me. "I couldn't sleep anymore. And you?" A smile is on my face. "I don't necessarily require sleep everyday, one full night every week is enough." Volo looks concerned but nods and then leans back, supporting his weight with his arms propped up behind him, simply looking up at the clear night sky. My gaze, however, never leaves him.

It feels like I'm pulled towards him and I honestly do not mind at all. After a while of silence the man meets my eyes, his own widening the tiniest bit at noticing I was looking at him the whole time. "Do I have something on my face?" A chuckle vibrates in my throat and I retrieve a brush out of my pocket. Don't judge. I always carry a brush with me. "May I?" His cheeks gain a hue of color and he nods after some reluctance.

I shuffle to sit behind him, my knees basically framing his hips. Gently I guide his head to face forward and start brushing his hair. Warmth makes my heart and stomach all fuzzy at how silky, smooth and soft his golden hair is. It... almost feels like I'm grooming my partner, cleaning them. And that genuinely makes me happy.

With utmost gentleness I let the brush slide through the strands, carefully removing the knots, making sure there's no discomfort or pain. I can feel him relax, his body slumping slightly. My smile grows at seeing him letting his walls down, even if it's only a little. I guide his head to be tipped a bit further back. "You have unbelievably soft hair..." The tips of his ears grow rosy pink and an inquisitive humm comes from him.

"You do. It's soft and smooth. Every strand feels like golden silk, worthy to a god." I can now see his face gain more color, a blush settling on his cheeks, but there's disbelief in his eyes. With gentle and experienced, almost instinctual movements I weave his hair into a braided hairstyle. A few thin braids flowing into a bigger braid, with his iconic bang style of course.

I softly pull his body against mine so that he actually leans on me. "I know you don't believe me, but I know what I see." My chin rests on his shoulder as I embrace him, my touch light enough for him to be able to end the physical contact himself if he wants to. "I'm not worthy of any god..." I take his hands into mine, softly swiping my thumbs over his skin as I nuzzle against his neck. "You are worthy." As my whisper ghosts over his skin I can hear and feel his pulse quicken the slightest bit, his Adam's apple bopping with a swallow.

"You are worthy of happiness... of love... of friends... of family... acceptance... You are worthy of so much and so much more." His body trembles along with his breath and it makes me intoxicated, his whole presence makes me feel high. "Tell me what you want, Volo... Tell me..." I nuzzle my way up, my lips now exactly at his ears. "Tell me and I will make it a reality..."

A soft noise escapes him, his lips parted, eyes closed and his fingers clench around my hands. "Too much?" Volo nods and I free my hand from his grip to gently maneuvering him to sit on my lap but chest to chest. "Wait-" I humm in question and see his cheeks explode in a massive blush when something presses against my stomach. He covers part of his face with the back of his hand and arm. "It's okay. Do you want to leave?" Reluctantly he shakes his head.

I tilt my head slightly. "Do you want me to help?" Volo's eyes widen, yet I can see the desire and want flicker in them, pupils blown. The sound of teeth grinding reaches my ears, but I ignore it, giving the blond all the time he needs to decide. "How about we go to the river that's close by? To cool off?" He nods and so we make our way to the cold body of water.