Relationships Can Kill

Well I have no motivation or ideas to write part three and i also started school last Wednesday so I've been busy, this is gonna be a short one since i had the urge to write something. I finally got to watching the episode where will leaves and that episode was so chaotic and i cried a little. This is also based off before Jay resigns and leaves. While doing this i was researching best universities to study medicine. Even though I'm only a sophomore in high school. (This is old i started school like a month ago)

Summary: You and your older brother Nate get into a heated argument over rumors, but did he know that his last words to you would be so brutal?

Word Count: 1.3k

Warnings: Angst, Arguing, Fighting Drinking/Hungover, and death (My bad for this)

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You walked off the bus excited because Jay let you doordash tonight and it was friday AND Jay and Will were coming home from their brother bonding trip. You punched the numbers into the keypad and closed the door behind you. You were very thankful that Jay and Hailey had gotten a house and let both you and your brother move in with them.

"Hey Nate, wanna go play hockey with me on the lake" Nate could basically do everything but the thing he did the most was hockey, he promised to teach you so both you and him could compete against each other during the winter.

"No, I'm busy," Nate said quickly. "Okay, do you want anything from Panda Jay let me doordash some tonight" You said "No i wouldn't wanna mess up your date with my girlfriend" Nate Spat.

"Girlfriend? I dont even like your girlfriend and i'm pretty sure she hates me so why on earth would i-" Nate cut you off and started yelling.

"I WOULD BELIEVE HER ANY DAY OVER YOU, now get outta my way, i hate you so much" Nate slammed the front door and you just stood there shocked. Instead of crying or running after him you pulled your phone from your pocket and ordered your food.

After eating dinner and getting your homework done you went ahead and texted the family group chat but only one with Will,Jay, and Hailey.

The Cops and Doctors

Y/n- When will you guys be home?

Hails <3- Soon, i have to finish this case. Do i need to bring home food

Y/n - No, Jay gave me money for Doordash

Hails <3 - Alright, I'll see you later.

Y/n - Bye Hailey

Hails <3 Bye Hailey.

You closed your messages app and decided to watch some tik tok since you would probably be bored until everyone got home.

Crash, you whipped your head to see 4 men dressed in all black standing in your room...Now you wished Nate was here.

***

Hailey walked in and the house was sortta quiet, the tv and the lights were still on but otherwise that's it. "Y/N? NATE?" Hailey shouted, nothing. Maybe they're sleeping or they're in the shower, she thought.

When Hailey peaked through Nate's door he wasn't there, Hailey knocked on your door "Y/n are you decent" Again nothing. "Y/n?.... Y/n i'm coming in" Hailey said as she was turning the doorknob.

When Hailey opened the door any happiness she had went outside the window. "Shit shit shit, NATE! NATE"

No response. Hailey didn't have time to worry about him; you were dying on the floor and you were her biggest priority.

"Y/n Halstead you do not get to do this to me, your brothers and everyone, you can't, cmon,cmon" Hailey screamed as she continued CPR.

"Hails, Y/n, Nate I'm home" Jay screamed. He waited for you to come screaming and running to him like you always did but this time you didn't, this time all jay could here was screaming and sobbing.

Jay pulled out his gun and slowly walked up the stairs of the house and walked to your room where the screaming came from. What he saw next made him freeze for about ten seconds before dropping the gun to the ground and immediately sliding over to and hailey.

"What happened?" Jay sobbed, "I-I don't know I came home and just found her like this." Hailey replied as she CPR. Jay looked around your room and it was completely ransacked. Your dresser drawers were open and clothes either hanging from them or out of them, papers on the floor, and all your electronics were gone. Your tv, Computer, Phone, and they even somehow found your burner phone you could use to call someone in case of an emergency where you didnt have your phone because you were grounded.

"Hailey let me take over, you're getting tired." Nothing, hailey didn't even look up from you. Jay pushed her off of you, not really a push but kinda scooted her away and continued CPR. Hailey ran to get her phone and punched in the numbers to call 9-1-1.

***

"Any sign of him?" Will asked. Nobody knew where Nate was, and his friends weren't telling anybody anything. "No, they have Adam outside the house just in case he turns up at the house" Even though the family used Life360, Nate turned his phone off. Typical of him.

Just then Connor walked into the waiting room. Will knew that face he had on very well, he knew it all too well because he would be the one to deliver the news sometimes.

"How is she?" Jay asked whistl standing up from the chair. Connor shook his head. "She didn't make it, I'm so sorry" "Bu-but you found a pulse you-you said that she was gonna make it" Jay said whilst holding back his tears.

"One of her rooms puntcered the carotid artery. I'll explain it to you when you're ready or whenever both of you are ready. Will can explain but otherwise wise i'm so sorry i couldn't have done more." You could hear by voice that he wanted to cry but he had to hold it together for Will and Jay.

"Can we see her?." Jays voice quiet. Connor led the brothers to the room you were in. "Oh y/n, we're so sorry" Will choked as he stroked your bruised Knuckles. Jay stood there, not moving, not reacting, not talking. His sister, his little sister, his only sister was gone, and you were never coming back.

***

6am, 6 fucking am is when your brother came back, hungover af. He looked like he drank like there was no tomorrow.

Jay nor Will was in the house. Both of them couldn't stay in that house with what happened, plus Will didn't trust Jay to be by himself so they were both at Will's apartment.

"Where have you been?" Hailey said. The whole team was doing an investigation along with another team as well. "I was out on a run" His words slurred. "Drinking? You think I don't know the signs of someone being hungover. Nate, your sister is in the hospital." Hailey was holding back on saying you were gone. "What why?" Nate froze "Because whilst you were gone someone broke in and stabbed her to death." Hailey cried.

"What? It was only supposed to be a joke" He mumbled. "What?" Hailey stopped fidgeting with her fingers. "It was supposed to be a joke, pay back, they were only supposed to scare her and pretend to take her stuff, they weren't supposed to kill her." Nate said.

"Hey Adam and Kev, downstairs now, we've got him" Hailey said into her radio. "Nathanyal Halstead you're being arrested for the murder of y/n Halstead, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can be used against you in the court of law" Adam said as he arrested the teen. "She was a good sister and she was your only sister, now you're gonna suffer the consequences of a Practical joke" She whispered into his ear.

Hailey wanted to be the one who broke the news to will and jay. They did do an autopsy and it did show that you put up a fight. did Nathanyal say who was also involved in your murder for his sentence to go down. 50 years in prison without chance of parole. During your funeral you were named a Hero and an amazing person to all. Even though you didn't get to be a future doctor they put up a Memorial outside med and that was their way of honoring your Dream.

The fact is i'm also learning about the human body sometimes while I'm writing chapters because i like my information to be somewhat correct.