Chapter 6 ~ Kool Kan & the gang ~

Later in the week, Ian held a zoom call with Phikhuam's health provider to discuss his therapy. Even though he was 'only a nurse' he had taken many courses and one of them had been on how to administer basic physical therapy and now that the inflammation was reducing, Phik' needed to start to gently exercise his fingers.

Ian discussed this with the Dr and Phikhuam observed their exchange with admiration. When he talked about work he became a different person, a professional who was more than able to hold his own when communicating with a superior in that field.

After the call ended Ian showed Phik' a few examples of the mild exercises he needed to do to strengthen his fingers and regain mobility. Therapy on the wrist would begin after the cast was removed and Ian knowing that his patient was a regular at his gym or had been prior to his fall, emphasized the need to take extra care not to try and do too much too soon.

The rest of the week passed quickly and before they knew it, Saturday morning had arrived. Ian helped Phikhuam to bathe and dress before feeding them both and administering his pain relief, with a bit of luck they could start lowering the dosage soon.

Ian left his patient alone to shower and change into shorts and a tee shirt before they made their way up to the resort, it was going to be a full day. They would have lunch with everyone in the penthouse and the big match was set to start at 3pm.

Champ had acquired the players tee shirts so after lunch the guys all went into Kans bedroom to change into their team kit. Because Kan was a strong player he would take Ian and Champ and Andy would be on the other team, the rest of the players would be made up of resort guests and staff so it was anyone's guess who would win but it was a friendly game.

Tap had signed up to play but he would change later and Ian had asked Chet to watch over his patient while he was playing. Chet had organized  makeshift stands and a small VIP box where their celebrity guest could relax in comfort with his security and they also asked him to present the trophy to the winning team later.

Miniature versions had been made to give to the participating guests as souvenirs and Chet had arranged an al fresco buffet for the resort guests who wanted to partake. Later, he had booked Nut to come and perform then afterwards was karaoke.

Even though Ian had said that Champ didn't like him in a romantic way, Phikhuam couldn't help keeping a close eye on their interactions but after studying Champ he had to admit that he was the same with everyone but he still felt they had to clear the air.

Kiri and Lon didn't seem to mind when he kept hugging and whispering with their other halves, perhaps he didn't need to worry after all. If anything, Lon seemed more aggravated with Ian, their love / hate relationship evident and Phik' didn't know if it was genuine or they had just fallen into the habit of winding each other up, he suspected it was the latter.

When they all went down to the resort the place was crowded, visitors from surrounding resorts and villages had come to watch the match and to see Phikhuam who was quickly spirited away to his VIP box by the security.

Kiri usually travelled with security but considering he was in his own resort, the resort security was sufficient right now.

Kan took the microphone and handled the crowds with expertise while everyone who had signed up to play came up to take a shirt. Half an hour before kick off an helicopter was heard overhead. It was Paitoon and Chit who had flown in as a surprise, of course it had nothing to do with the fact that Chit wanted to play too so a staff member kindly stood down and allowed him to have his shirt.

Kiri asked Chit how the security training was going to which he gave him a quick update and everyone was delighted to see them both. After all the greetings, Paitoon went to sit in the VIP box with Phikhuam. They were acquainted so it worked out well then Ian ran over to the box asking Phik' if he was ok?