science gallery trip

“U-Uhm…good morning Douma. I’m about to go home and I was wondering if you could show me where the bus stop is.” Kokushibo looked away from the blonde man’s body, the reason why he was staring so much was because he never expected Douma to be absolutely jacked. He only thought Douma would be skinny but not muscular, it clearly took him by surprise.

“Why don’t I drive you back? It’ll be a fun ride back to the dorms!” He says as he stretches his body, yawning loudly.

“No, it’s fine…i don't want to be much of a hassle…”

“Have you eaten breakfast yet at least?”

“No- “

“Then I'm sending you back to the dorms! You will eat breakfast first then I'll send you back. How does that sound?” He says ecstatically with his eyes giving a fake sparkle.

He knew there was no fighting this and at that point he couldn’t be bothered also. He just nodded in response and left the room with his shoulders slumped.

A helper escorted Kokushibo to the dining room and sat him down and asked him to wait while they prepared breakfast for the two, him and Douma. A few minutes later Douma walked into the room, happy as usual and sat in front of Kokushibo ready to stir up a conversation but before he could speak another mouth spoke instead of his.

“Douma, we need to talk about last night…”

And with that the smile on the blonde man’s face became smaller by the passing second.

It was a quiet atmosphere both not wanting to start the conversation, but silence was once yet interrupted by the helpers in the Manson bringing the two men their breakfast.

“Kokushibo. I must say there is no reason to talk about last night but if you really want too then sure. I’ll summarise it for you. You’re a man of simplicity and hard facts, right? Well then, I’ll give you the information you need. Last night was a bit of an interesting night I might say. Never in my life would I think I’d end up spewing family secrets because I simply got drunk. So that’s all I had to say. I mean- that’s all that happened, didn't it?” And with that Douma smiled at Kokushibo as he started to consume his breakfast.

It was a bit weird if kokushibo had to admit. For the first time in his life, he didn't really know what else to say, he didn’t have an opposing response, he didn't know what to say. Douma’s right about him spewing family secrets and quite possibly his very sad life but… really maybe he did have some concern for Douma. He kept quiet and ate his breakfast while listening to Douma tell Kokushibo about drama going around the university. It was a bit annoying to hear Douma talk so much but Kokushibo listened anyway. Even though he was annoyed by the constant talking, for the first time in his life he was looking forward to Douma to speaking more.

The music playing on the radio is the only thing filling the silence between the two before someone decided to open their mouth.

“Hey koku- I mean. Kokushibo!~ so, I was wondering if you wanted to stay in contact with each other you know? Like, after this project is done, we can still talk with each other casually~ what do you think? I got a gut feeling this morning that something magical might happen between us…don’t you agree? ~” The blonde spoke out suddenly. It was very out of context to suddenly be saying something like that…

“What? Magical? Douma…did you take any drugs this morning? Is it from the vape? Have you been smoking illegal substances?” Really, Kokushibo couldn’t believe Douma.

“Hm? drugs? Illegal substances? What?! Of course not! ~ I just think that you and I can be really good friends one day! ~”

“And what brought you to this conclusion?”

“Well…because of everything that happened last night I came to that conclusion of course~ but if you want a more detailed reason which I’m sure you’re dying for I’ll give it to you! ~ normally when I have people over and they see mee drinking or vaping or both, I normally don’t spew my entire life story to them…but something about you made me feel that it was okay…I don’t know what it is, but I felt safe with you, and I felt that my secret would be safe you…that’s why. So, do you Ike my reason? ~”

“Is it because I’m quiet?”

“Oh, of course not! ~ look, just accept the fact that I shared my story with you, okay? Just think it as…uh…something special! ~ because so far, you're the only person I have to this to, okay? V.I.P special kinda thing! ~”

“Do you know what V.I.P means?”

“It means something special right?”

“Eh…you got a part of its correct at least…”

Kokushibo turned his eyes to outside the car window as Douma hums along with the music in the car.

Project is over, done and dusted. No surprise Kokushibo and Douma got the highest in class which the rest found unfair since they were the smartest students in class. A week or so, ok, maybe almost 2 weeks have passed and the relationship between Douma and Kokushibo has improved a bit, Douma did most of the work for their relationship to grow of course, Kokushibo has mainly left Douma on read because how was he supposed to reply to Douma’s bizarre typing style he wasn’t so used to? Today their science professor is bringing the class out to the national science gallery as a cool off trip to ease the students from the stress of their end-of-year exams coming in the next month. The professor dismissed the students and trusted that they will be back 12 pm for lunch and then to go one more round around again.

Douma was in his friend group before leaving them the moment he saw Kokushibo. He placed an arm around his friend and spoke happily.

“Oh Kokushibo! This is going to be so fun! ~ I would love to go around the museum with you, what do ya say? Hmm?”

“Oh, I guess it’ll be ok…”

Kokushibo was a bit surprised for Douma to suddenly put an arm around him, and in front of his friend group! He quickly dragged Douma away from the rest of the class to an area that not many people are in. He checked the time on his phone, 9:30 am, and he took his note book out.

“We have 2 hours to look around the gallery then we use the extra 15 minutes to settle down and get ready to go lunch, lunch will be about 1 hour and 30 minutes or 2 hours…then another 2 hours will be given to us to make notes and points which will then turn into an essay about our experiences and new learning points we learn at the gallery…”

He noted all these down, making time stamps and planning his time wisely in the notebook so as to not loose time. ‘Wow…this guy’s a machine…’ Douma thought to himself. He would say something but with someone as responsible as Kokushibo you might as well let him do all the planing and just tag along! Kokushibo gestured towards Douma that he should follow behind and started walking ahead first with Douma following behind. The gallery was filled with all kinds of scientific contraptions that was eye-catching for all. The blond-haired man took his phone out and took photos of everything around him for a new Instagram post, he may have secretly taken photos of Kokushibo as well. Kokushibo looked like a nerd in the photos, him looking around as he took notes and drew diagrams in is notebook.

“Hey Kokushibo~ take photos with me, will you?pleeeaaaseee, pretty pleeaasseee~” Douma’s eyes sparkled as he held his phone in front and close to Kokushibo’s face.

“Wha- why? We’re here to learn Douma, not fool arou-“

“I take that as a yes!~”

“Wait!! No! I didn’t say y-“

Before he could even finish his sentence, he was brought close to Douma, with his arm around Kokushibo’s shoulder and took selfies. Thankfully Douma had mercy on Kokushibo and let him go after a few photos but that didn’t mean he was free. They continued walking and an hour had passed quite fast. They were at this part of the gallery where it explained the life cycle of living things. There was a special display where they could pet and play with chicks. Douma squealed like a little girl and dragged Kokushibo there. Excitedly, he took photos of the chicks and petted them happily.

“Awww!~ kokushibo! Aren’t these chicks adorable? Oh my god!!~ I could love them forever!~~”

“Mm hmm…you’re right, they are indeed adorable… and very soft…” Kokushibo has a soft blush on his face and a faint smile and pet the chick gently. Yet again Douma took photos of Kokushibo holding and petting the chick and even some selfies of them holding the chocks close to them. Even though this section mainly attracted children, it was definitely a fun experience for the two.