00.

𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗟𝗬, 𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘

﹙✉️﹚ ─

''Hey, my love.

I know, it's been a while since my last letter. You said I wouldn't last a day and guess what? I beat your record, it's been 2. But this letter isn't about rubbing it in your face, or to tell you how much I love you, how much I miss you or even how badly I want to see you again, in fact, this letter is to say goodbye.

 I know you're more than happy to be with her and seeing you happy makes me happy so I've decided that maybe we didn't have anything all together. Maybe I was just over analysing everything we've ever had. This letter is to let you know that you were my first true love. That I have waited for hours on edge for your letters which we both know never came. I have loved you ever since that very first day. And I swear that if I could turn back time, I would do it all over again, any day. You were the very best thing that has ever happened to me and it kills me to let go but I know it's for the best. Maybe in another life, another time, another place, another world, we were meant to be. 

All this time, I thought we had something special. That maybe we were more than just friends. But I get it, you like her better. I can't change that, no matter how hard I try. I'm going to keep it really short and simple because if I start writing how I really felt about you, I might never stop. 

By the time you read this letter, I'll be gone. You won't hear from me or about me every again. I'm sure it's not a good image for you anyway, since you've got a reputation to maintain now.  I wish you all the best in this life and all the success this world can offer. Please take care of yourself and always remember that you are so much more than what they said you were, you can do this Lanon, I believe in you. 

So maybe I lied a little about this being my last letter. This is my second last letter. I'm too scared to send the last. Talk about courage and honesty, huh? 

Anyways, I won't make this too long since you're a busy guy now, with all your training and races. 

I love you so much more than words could every say and it really, really hurts. I can't breathe without hearing from you, my heart aches when I hear her name on your tongue, the way it rolls off so perfectly, as if it were a poem. I love your eyes, the way they twinkle under the light and how they lit up when you finished second last weekend. I love your messy brown hair and how it gets lighter under the sun, I love your gummy smile, the way you laugh, the way you say my name. Everything. I love everything about you so much, it doesn't even make sense. It scares me sometimes, the things I would do for you. 

I just wish things were different. I know I said I wouldn't say this.

I love you.

Yours truly,