Part 4

The day seemed so hectic to Raghavi as she tried to complete her assignment on time and submit it. Usually, others would try to copy the assignments, but she would sit and read the whole concept and try to understand it. Day after tomorrow was the last day to submit the assignment and if she lags it, they will deduct the marks and she values each and every mark, so here she is, sitting at her study table with some sheets scattered on the table. It was already 2 am and she tried her best to stay awake and complete it as soon as possible. Tomorrow is Sunday, so she would like to stay stress free and enjoy it.

          As the clock ticked 3, she finally finished her assignments and arranged the papers according to the page numbers and punched them. Without delay, she closed her book and flopped on her bed beside Riya, they were roommates. Her mid-term exams are in line, she has to spend her nights reading and revising the concepts once again. Sleep took over her and she slipped into deep slumber.

            The next morning, she woke as she couldn't find Riya beside her, a deep frown formed on her sleepy face as she tired to thing where Riya was this early morning. Her hair was disheveled, and her eyes were still sleepy ready to close at any moment, but she still chose to rise and shine. She walked to the window of her room. Pushing the curtains aside, she looked at the outside world, the students were doing their morning work out and she was here, looking at them with tired and sleepy eyes. She was too lazy for all those healthy habits. The golden rays of sunlight spread across the city enveloping it in a warm glow. Her eyes blinked multiple times to adjust to the light.

          The curtains swayed with the rhythm of wind along with her loose clothes and brown hair. She continued to look outside and suddenly her gaze fell on a figure and she rubbed her eyes to watch closely, not at all believing what she saw. She walked to the bed and took her mobile phone and called Riya walking back to the window.

"Riya?"

"Yes."

"What are you doing in the ground early in the morning?"

Riya looked at her window from the ground and gave her a sheepy smile.

"Isn't it obvious Raghavi? I'm doing work out."

She laughed a bit.

"Don't joke around Riya and tell me why you are there? Cause you're clearly not a morning person."

Raghavi knows Riya so well in the three years of their journey as best friends.

"I changed Raghavi and from today onwards you will be watching me doing exercise early in the morning."

"Cut the crap Riya."

"Ok, Ok, actually I came to watch a girl I told you about."

"Which one?"

"Didn't I tell you about a girl who was in the first year, the one named Priya."

"You just told her name and nothing more."

Riya sighed softly. She doesn't know how to explain it to Raghavi.

"You know about the ragging and all those right. The last she was in a very bad condition after those seniors left her."

"What do you mean?"
"Raghavi, she looked so depressed to me, she was like a dead body without a soul, and I think something big is gonging on. I want to keep an eye on her, I felt so pity looking at her."

            Raghavi looked at the table beside Riya where that girl was sitting. She was staring at nowhere and seemed so focused on her thoughts. The ragging in the college became so worse, even Riya and Raghavi faced it twice. The juniors were afraid to even walk in front of the seniors. The management passed so many instructions. Big banners at every notice board with a large list of punishments to be given, but it was not taking place and day by day, ragging in the college became lot worse.