15- harbor

Yn POV

My shoes slap against the concrete ground along the edge of the harbour, creating a drop into the cold sea. My lungs burn as I start regretting not putting a jacket on before I left the house as my knuckles start to sting from the cold, clutching around the letters. The letters I wasn't exactly planning on being sent.

You see, my best friend Finney Blake is leaving Denver to another state, and he's leaving in a boat in this harbor. That boat departs in 2 minutes and I haven't gotten to say goodbye.

I know it sounds stupid but this is what brings me back to the letters, Finney is more than my best friend, he's my first crush, I've written love letters to him over the past few months. Almost as a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that he's leaving, but since I might never see or hear from him ever again, it's better to confess or live in regret that I didn't. Those letters are the ones I have binded together with red thread and a wax stamp.

I see the boat, it's hull in usually thin, meaning I might have a chance to give him them, if he's not given up on me coming.

Finally I come to a much needed stop, and couple feet above me standing on the top deck is Finney. I could recognise him from a mile away.

"FINNEY!" I shout, not knowing how much time I have left.

"YN!" He shouts back down, almost cut of by the booming noise of the boat horn.

"I'll MISS YOU!"  Finney shouts and I smile, almost forgetting the letters in my hand.

I hold them up above my head,

"FINNEY, I WANTED YOU TO HAVE THESE, THEY WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING I CANT EXPLAIN VERBALLY TO YOU"

"THROW THEM UP!"

I exhale for a second, kiss the front envelope, my lipgloss staining it, and pray that they'll end up in Finney hands and not the seas.Here goes nothing!

I do my best throw, and even against the wind I sigh with relief when I see them landing safely in Finney's hands.

Then the boat slowly starts to move and I start to panic I was expecting to say more than this, ok yn say something anything.

"GOODBYE, FINN" I feel tears welling in my eyes as the words get stuck in my throat.

"BYE YN, WE'LL SEE EACHOTHER AGAIN I PROMISE!"

That's when I start to cry a little bit, Finn would never promise something impossible . We just wave until slowly Finns figure on the deck disappears into the horizon, the only sound the roaring of the waves and a singular crows call.

Maybe I will see him again. Maybe.

A/n

Hi!!! Sorry if I haven't updated frequently enough! School is hitting me like a bus.

Do you want me to do a part 2 of this, I was sort of thinking after a month Finn would write back to Yn? Maybe?

Ok bye!!!!!!!!!!