➼ CHAPTER NINETEEN

#19

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

YOU SAT DOWN ON THE BEDSIDE CHAIR, watching the laying figure of your mother. Just a few hours ago, you received a call from the hospital saying your mother was involved in a major car crash.

She was supposed to get surgery the moment she arrived at the hospital, but it was way too busy, and no surgery room was available at the moment.

"How did I even get in this place.." You breath out exhaustingly. You wanted nothing but to be in bed right now, hell you didn't even eat that pack of noodles you made.

However the nurse forced you to stay, saying she'll need someone to watch over her as the other nurses and doctors were busy taking care of other patients.

You stood up from the chair you were sitting on and stepped towards the hospital bed, where your mother was laying. "I'm gonna go get something from the convenience store, do you need anything?" You questioned her.

The elder remained silent, no answer was returned. "Are you even awake?" You shake your head in annoyance, poking her uninjured shoulder.

You scrunched your eyebrows in confusion. Knowingly to you, the doctors haven't injected her with anything, nor have given her sleeping pills. Of course, she could have been asleep due to it being the early hours of the morning, but by your calls and actions, she would've woken up. "Mother?" You call again, nudging her shoulder harsher.

"Mother, wake up!" You raised your voice. Both of your hands were now carefully shaking her body, attempting to wake her up, but no success. She just laid there, her eyes shut closed.

"Wake up already!" You shouted impatiently. One of your hands left her body to click on the red emergency button placed above the bed.

"Miss? Hey, miss." An high-pitched feminine voice emerged into your ears causing your eyelids to open halfway. Once your vision has cleared, you realized that the nurse from before was standing above you, pure worry evident in her chocolate-brown eyes.

"Sorry.." You mumbled, straightening your back from the uncomfortable position you slept in. You massaged your nape while a small yawn escaped your lips.

"I have some unfortunate news for you, miss." The nurse spoke again, lightly rubbing on your shoulder. You, who was still slightly dazed from your sleep, looked around, taking in your surroundings.

You were in one of the main halls of the hospital building, sat on one of the small metal chairs that were sat against the white-colored walls. "Miss." The female called again, growing quite irritated by your lack of interest.

"Yes, sorry." You apologized once again, darting your gaze to her figure. You were slowly remembering the events that occurred a few hours ago, your mother had a heart attack in the middle of the night which caused you to panic yourself and black out on one of the pack of chairs near the surgery room.