03

bottoms up ☆彡

bottoms up
☆彡

obviously my mom wasn't too big on a fighting club which i had expected. although, after some convincing, telling her how self defense is a good thing, she agreed.

"no broken bones."

saying bye to my sister and rushing off to my locker just to find hazel there.

"zel? hey." i say, not noticing the nickname that slipped out of my mouth so easily.

"zel?" she asks in confusion

feeling embarrassed, i say, "i'm sorry! i didn't realize, i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable."

"no, it's okay! i like it." she smiles awkwardly and i smile back.

"i just wanted to ask about the club, if you were in for sure.."

"oh uh, yeah! of course" i exclaim while getting my notebooks out, "when will we meet?"

"right now." she grabs my hand and we rush off the to gym.

we walk into the gym, hands interlocked still until pj clears her throat. awkward..

"is this it? where's stella?" she asks, more toward hazel as she looks around at a small group of girls. where's isabel and brittany?

"stella was booked for a car convention." hazel shrugs.

"what? it's a monday." pj sighs

seems like pj has had enough because after that she yelled, "alright you cunt-sucking pieces of shit!" as she slams her backpack down, "welcome to our fucking fight club."

i guess that was my cue to sit down. setting my backpack down on the bleachers unlike everyone else, then making my way to hazel's spot as pj's yelling went on with josie awkwardly standing next to her.

josie corrects her matter of factly, "it's actually a self-defense club."

i think i zoned out after they went on about how life in "juvie" was like. i was snapped back into reality when pj asks josie to throw a punch at her for an example. a girl sitting across from me asked about an advisor.

on my way to the next meeting i ran into hazel, it was my first time seeing her all day. "hey hazel, i haven't seen you all day." i smile and wave at her.
i think i accidentally looked her up and down twice, "she looks so good today."

"what? what did you say?" hazel asks

oh my god, did i say that out loud? you shake your head and mumble a "nothing" as you head to the gym. little did you know, she heard every word. as we walk into the gym, i get a look around. there was definitely a more noticeable amount of people here today. all of them playing around on gym equipment.

mr g, who i'm assuming is now the club advisor, attempts to start the meeting, "hey ladies, let's it popping in this motherfucker!"

josie tries to get everyone together, "hello everybody," everyone continues what they're doing,"okay, excuse me."

i don't think i noticed pj walk off to grab a mop until she started loudly tapping it on the ground.

"everybody, shut the fuck up! she yells, "this isn't a little hangout, okay?"

"it's not a sleepover or playtime, there are serious rules we need to establish, okay?" everyone just stands there awkwardly as she continues. "first, listen. second, be on time." she asks to the general public, "what time is it?"

annie, the girl who asked about the advisor timidly answers, "3:30.."

"3:30! club starts at 3:15, not 3:16" she scoffs, "not 3:17, but the doors close at 3:15. no exceptions!" it just went on and on, "okay? my dad left me and i'm incredibly punctual." just then, it's like she summoned them, isabel and brittany walk in.

"uhm hey guys, come on in." and then we got finally started. "today, i think we're going to start with some body contact, i need a volunteer."

annie asks, "i'm sorry? i thought we couldn't be late." everyone looks around quietly, "yeah. that's for next week," josie and pj say.

i give a look to hazel and we officially start. annie volunteers and pj immediately pushes her to the ground making all of us, including mr. g, gasp.

"what the hell?! you didn't even warn me" annie expresses.

pj rolls her eyes, "okay? we didn't get warning at juvie."

they continue pushing each other down until mr. g speaks up, "man we've got to shut this shit down."

"we don't have to, look, she's fine. you're fine?" pj asks. annie just nods.

josie finally speaks up, "look i know this is a mess right now, but the only way that we can learn how to defend ourselves is by teaching each other. huntington is coming, we need this." everyone nods in agreement, i think that was the first time i've ever heard her speak this much. everyone started clapping and cheering. that was it, the meeting ended with pj and josie announcing that we would start the physical contact.

walking over to where i had placed my bag on the bleachers, hazel catches up to me, "would you uhm, want to hangout sometime." she looked really nervous.

"yeah that sounds great! how about friday? after the meeting, we can go to this boba and bookstore if you're into that?"

"okay. i'll see you tomorrow, nari." she walks off. as soon as she walks off i absolutely lose it.

isabel sneaks up behind me, "what was that?"

"nothing..we're just friends, if that's what your implying." letting out a laugh, "i think.."

"uh-huh" she smirks and walks away.

i catch up to josie and we walk outside together, "what's going on with you and isa?"

"what do you mean.?" she says in shock.

"i'm not blind, i can see it so clearly that you like her!" i blame.

"well, what's happening with you and hazel?" that got me silent.

"see."

"whatever! i'll see you tomorrow josie." i wave and get settled into my car and headed home.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

I'M SORRY YALL I DON'T KNOW HOW TO END CHAPTERS😕 but anyways i hope you enjoyed! daily reminder that i do not know how to write so PLEASE feel free to give me any feedback! i also just wanted to say that nari's sexuality is not disclosed and is up for the reader to interpret! mwah

bottoms up
☆彡