Chapter 6: Mondstadt

"Ugh..."

"Oh... you're awake?" A voice said from behind Lumine. "Sorry about that earlier... didn't want to wake you up, so I let you sleep a little more." Lumine didn't answer. "Sorry... I just... your brother was a bit... harsh... and I was angry at the time. Stupid Dain had ditched us back there, and I had to carry you all the way out to here, and I also had almost gotten stuck in those purple bubbles more than once." Childe continued. "It was really hard and when you got knocked out... it... just got me worried." Childe had stopped himself from saying 'angry at himself and Aether', for if he told Lumine, there was no way that Lumine would ever forgive him.

"Nevermind that. Let's just get on the move. Let's just go to Mondstadt for now. But don't tell them that you're a fatui harbinger, especially to Diluc. He has a history with the fatui, and if they are ever mentioned in front of him, he always wants to know where, how long ago was the last time that they were seen, and how many of them. All this information helps him either one, kill them, or two, beat the living shit out of them; so if you want either of those to happen to you, you can tell him."

Childe gulped. "Y-yes ma'am,"

Lumine grumbled. "That gets one thing straight." She muttered under her breath. "Let's go. Time to move."

Childe followed the figure over the horizon, and to the teleport waypoint into Mondstadt. "Wow! This is nice and peaceful, and not as bustling as Liyue."

Lumine nodded her head and then turned and her eyes brightened. "Amber~!" Lumine waved to a girl dressed in red.

The girl turned and raced over. "Hey, Honorary Knight! You finally got back from Liyue! I heard there were some problems over there with the fatui. Is everything okay? I also heard that the Archon died..." Amber stated bitterly.

Lumine nodded. "Indeed, Lord Morax has passed on. I have already dealt with the fatui problem, but it was a bit problematic when the little one I was battling with summoned the Overlord of the Vortex."

Amber gasped. "That god was awoken?! That's horrible! Were there a large number of deaths? I certainly hope not!"

Lumine shook her head. "No, thank goodness. If it had been any stronger, I don't think we would have been able to handle it."

"We... meaning you and the guy behind you?"

Lumine grumbled. "No, don't mind him, he's just a friend that wasn't in Liyue at the time."

"Oh. Where did you meet him then?" Amber questioned. "What's his name?"

"Hello! I'm Childe, nice to meet you!" Childe grinned. "We met each other at the Northland Bank, but shortly after we met, I... uh... had to go visit family!" Childe said, doing his best to lie and make some sense out of it.

"Yes... I see." Amber narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him. "So! What are you doing here, Lumine, or are you just stopping to visit?"

"Just stopping to visit, that's all! After my trip here, I plan to go back to Liyue, and then travel to Inazuma, if I can even find a ride there at all."

Amber nodded. "How long will you be staying?"

Lumine thought. "Just today."

Amber frowned. "That's too bad. Well, let's go meet with Jean and Diluc, shall we? Then we can say a quick hello to Kayea and then Klee."

Lumine nodded in agreement. "Where's Klee? Usually, I'd see her running around on the streets or over at Springvale."

"Ah... about that... she's been sent to solitary confinement for blowing up another hill."

Lumine scratched her head. "Ouch... I told her not to do that anymore... looks like she can't resist..."

Amber gave a light-hearted laugh. "That's what I and Kayea think as well. Looks like we got you on our side as well. Haha!"

Childe chuckled. "Looks like she is an explosive bunch!"

Amber nodded. "Follow me. We're going to the Headquarters now."

Childe shrugged. "Fine by me."

The trio walked to the Favonius Headquarters and entered Grand Master Jeans' room.

"Jean! I'm back from Liyue!" Lumine said, upon her entrance.

"Ah! Lumine! You're back! How was your trip, besides the one point when the Overlord was awakened?"

"It was nice, besides the fact that this one decided to ditch me a day before the attack." Lumine lied. "It was a nightmare! On top of that, I got a fever and got myself stuck in a coma, but of course, as you see now, I'm fine."

Amber gasped. "You didn't tell me that part!"

Lumine answered, clenching her teeth. "Sorry. I just don't like to talk about it too much. Can we move on now?" She glanced over at Paimon for moral support.

"Uhhh... y-yeah!" Paimon finally agreed after getting a death glare from Lumine.

Jean nodded her head. "So I suppose you're just staying for a little while, then going to leave?"

"Yes, we will leave by tomorrow morning. After all, we are just visiting, and then just going to head back to Liyue."

Amber nodded in understanding. "Should I get the others?"

Lumine's eyes brightened. "Yes, please! Is it okay if I quickly just say hello to Klee?"

Jean nodded her head in agreement. "That's fine. She is in solitary confinement, so don't hang around for long."

Lumine left the room, went to the next room, and opened the door to see if Klee was there, but wasn't there.

"Uhhhhh... Jean? Klee isn't here."

Jean ran into the room. "WHERE?! KLEE, WHERE ARE YOU? LUMINE IS HERE, AND IF YOU DON'T COME BACK RIGHT NOW, YOUR GOING TO GET EXTRA SOLITARY CONFINEMENT TIME."

Lumine walked out of the room and saw Klee trying to climb out of the window and when Klee saw Lumine, she froze. Lumine giggled, made the quiet sign, and helped Klee open the window and climb out. Klee opened her mouth to say something, but Lumine shooed her away. When Klee left, she closed the window and spun around, and half-jumped as she saw Childe about to explode with laughter.

"WHAT THE HELL-!"

A/N: They forgot to lock the door.