Chapter 13

~Katerina's pov.~

"Where is my brother?" my mom asked.

"Along side with Nicholas," he spoke sadly.

"Why are they not with Hunter?" I asked.

"Katerina, you and Hunter are now the King and Queen."

"What?" then my little Aviana started crying. I started rocking her in my arms.

"Your father and I decided when we found out you were pregnant that we would pass on the crown to you and Hunter when Aviana was born."

"So what's going to happen to you and daddy?"

"We are still gonna be here I promise," she looked back at the man. "What are we gonna do?"

"Well since Katerina is the new Queen she is required to watch the fight." he said.

"What about Aviana? I don't want her to ever meet that monster." I said.

"Well we had the nurses spread the word that the baby didn't make it and hopefully it will catch wind towards Christopher. So Anastasia can hold on to the Princess and say that she adopted a baby."

"Ana can you do that?"

"Yes, of course." she said with a smile on her face.

"When is the fight?"

"Tomorrow at dawn."

"When can I see Hunter?"

He looks at my mom, "Baby, right now it would not be the best idea for you to go around Hunter he is not in the best place." she said in a soft voice.

"What do you mean?"

"All of the past Kings are coming up all at once because of this challenge."

"So you are saying that he will have the strength of all the past Kings?"

"Yes," she looked at the floor.

"He is going to hate himself."

"Hunter is strong maybe he can control the past Kings."

"Mt Queen," the man said, "You should get some sleep you will have to be up early."

"Okay, thank you." I said and he left.

"I'll stay up with Aviana until midnight, and your mom can stay up with her till dawn. Does that sound good?" Ana asked me.

"Yeah that sounds good," I kissed Aviana on her forehead and then handed her to Ana. "Goodnight baby girl." I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep. I was beyond tired.

I was awakened by the crying of me baby girl. I got out of the bed and walked over to where she was laying. Ana fell back asleep which was okay. I picked her up and walked over to the curtain. The moon was still up and full. "Do you see that baby girl? That is the moon, she gives us a strong bond with the past Queens. Without the moon we would have no connections with them." Then some witches ran through the door, I snarled cause they made my Aviana cry. "What do y'all want," I snarled.

They both hit the floor, "Please your highness we bring you news."

"Katerina don't hurt them," my mother said getting on her feet.

"Fine, give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you for bursting through the door."

"Because we know what Christopher is planning."

"What do you mean?"

"He has been recruiting packs, circles, lycans and shifters included."

"Which circles and packs have joined him?"