𝐢𝐯. 𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

tw :: the start of some angst. axl is a jerk what can i say

 axl is a jerk what can i say

'𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖.,

💌

feeling less than motivated, i dreadfully open the front door to my house. thankfully, i only just lived across the street from sue's house. i call out to my parents, who were watching a church service on the tv, "i'm leaving, lock the door! i still don't have my keys!"

today was sunday, if you couldn't guess. sue's parents allowed her to stay home from church so we could get a headstart on our stupid essay. we only had to today to do it, and considering how mine and axl's was looking, i wasn't feeling very optimistic.

i make my way across the street to where sue told me she lived. within a minute, i'm knocking on the door.

the door opens, revealing sue, who was way too optimistic about this essay we were probably going to fail. "heyy!"

"hey, sue," i speak casually, walking into her home. "i'm ready to get my ass kicked in the game i call hell."

"oh, come on," sue chuckles, showing me over to the couch. i guess that's where we were working. "essays aren't that bad! besides, we already have an assigned topic, so we don't have to pick anything."

i sigh, allowing her to try and make me get better. "i guess that's true. good point."

she smiles at me, opening her computer and moving it so we could both see it. we were typing and printing the essay obviously, like literally everyone does. sue had begged me to hand write the entire thing but i refused.

sue starts pulling out an assortment of useless items that for whatever reason she found useful. she finally pulls out a large, pink, spiral binder and grins, "don't worry, i made sure we're going to stay organized."

i'm dumbfounded at how organized and prepared she was. boy, was i going to let her down. i chuckle quietly, "sue, this is biology- i don't think we really need to worry."

"you should always be organized, no matter how easy your class is," sue smiles at me proudly, and i can already feel the shame setting in. "besides, you're graduating soon- and i'll be graduating in a little less than a year."

"exactly," i start, not realizing how lazy i sound. "why do i need to do all this work if i'm graduating anyway?" i chuckle, but sue just looks at me with disappointment.

"no, we're gonna do this essay right- just because you're graduating doesn't mean you get to stop working hard!" sue cheers me on, trying to motivate me. she fails, and i groan in protest.

"oh, hey guys!" i hear an interested voice enter the room.

sue turns her head and smiles, "hey mom! this is y/n- she just transferred to orson high, but she's graduating soon," she explains. "we're just workin' on an essay."