𝟎𝟎: prologue

┍━━━━━━ °. ✧ .°━━━━━━┑

prologue.
❛ down down the rabbit hole you go. ❜

┕━━━━━━ °. ✧ .°━━━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE ARK. It's people. The last of the human race. Or so they thought. The ship is split into twelve stations, but Thalia comes from one ━ Mecha station.

On the Ark, there are strict rules. No second born children, families can only be of three. No stealing, of any kind. Follow orders of the higher-uppers, always. And more, lots more.

If anyone were to break these rules, what would it resolve in? Immediate death penalty for adults, jail time for minors. Children were are arrested wait until they're eighteen until their sentence is looked over, and they get executed also.

     Not everybody followed these rules. Hell, practically nobody followed these rules. Not even all of the higher-uppers, like Abby Griffin, and Elyas and Zlatana Zavala.

    Thalia, the daughter of the Chancellor's guardsman, Elyas Zavala. And Mecha's most well-known mechanic, Zlatana Zavala.

They broke a rule, a very important rule. Priscilla was a second born child. She's never been able to leave their dormitory, ever. And when the guards would come and check the room, she'd hide in a somewhat hidden closet.

・❥ •
NINE YEARS AGO.

  Thalia sits on her sister's bed, in fact they had to share a bed. Obviously, having a spare fourth bed would raise suspicion.

Their parents were both at their shifts in Alpha station. Jazmina had to watch over Thalia, with no clue when the surprise visit would be expected.

"Jaz?" She spoke, her voice was small, gentle.

Jazmina turned and looked down at her sister, seeing her eyes wide open, her brown eyes glimmering in the bright light.

"What, Thea?" She asks with a slight annoyed expression.

     Thea looked up at her, "can you read the story for me?" She spoke with a small grin.

     Jaz sighed, rubbing in between her eyes as she shook her head. Letting out a deep groan of frustration before nodding in agreement.