finding food

(Minho's POV)

It was a pretty awkward atmosphere. No one said a word and we were just quietly recovering from the shock. Some of 8turn even fell asleep such as Myungho, Yungyu, and Seungheon. Jeongin was resting his head near the window and didn't stop sighing for a second. Hyunjin and Jisung were nearly asleep themselves while Chan and Changbin decided it was their task to guard the sleeping ones. Seungmin quietly sat beside me. "How is this going to end?" He asked casually as if this was just an interview. Sometimes I really admire him for his coolness. "I don't know". I whispered back. "We just can't do anything about it. We're probably going  to starve in here anyways". I realized a little too late that what I said wasn't calming at all.
"How about we create a log about our situation?" Seungmin suddenly asked. "Even if we won't make it, STAY would have something to watch and to laugh at for one, final time". That wasn't a bad idea. " Do you have a camera and a charcher?" I asked. "I always carry my phone with me of course and I think a kept my charcher in my backpack". He stated while runnaging through his backpack.

As time passed by it started getting dark. The other members from both groups already were asleep so we decided it was best to go rest as well. Tomorrow would going to be an exhausting day. Seungmin whished everyone on his log a good night before stop recording and laying down besides me. I was so exhausted from the happening today that I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the ground even though it was really uncomfortable.

Finally, we all woke up. I had some bad shoulder pain because of the way I've slept but besides that I was perfectly fine. " Are we going to get some food now?" Seungheon asked exitedly. Since we first met yesterday 8turn seemed to get a lot more comfortable around us. Minho sighed facing the younger. "We can't risk it. There are lots of zombies out there". He stated. " But if we don't get food we might starve to death!" Yungyu said. "Another uninteresting death if you ask me". " Let's get something then!" Chan said as he slowely got up. "I will walk through the streets seeing if there is anything eatable in shops or so". He slowely walked towards the door as he got held back. "Where are you going? It's too dangerous!" Felix said worried. "I'm going to be fine. I don't want any of you to risk their lives as well".
" How about I accompamy him, so that you guys want have to worry!" Changbin asked. Since his physics were great and I didn't want Felix to go since he wouldn't be helpful at all, I quickly agreed. The two of them left and we all rushed to the windows to watch them disappear. I really hope they were coming back!

(Changbin's POV)

We were quietly walking beside each other. It was cold outside but I didn't mind it at all. Since we figured the zombies reacted to sounds we had to be extra quiet. We left the jungkyard to find a completely abandoned and destroyed city. The view gave me goosebumps and I quickly walked faster to keep up with Chan. "You alright?" He whispered. I nodded and we continued our journey. There were lots of stores but I didn't knew if it was save going in there.
We walked past a gas station and looked at each other before Chan gently pulled open the stuck sliding doors. We tippitoed around some of the shelfs, hoping to find something eatable that wouldn't have to be cooked first since we didn't have a cooker.

Suddenly, I heard a groaning sound coming from a storage room but since it wasn't the loud screams we normally would hear when zombies were attacking us I figured he haven't noticed us yet. I signed Chan that there was a zombie locked up in the storage room before continuing the search. I found two packs of chips and also some fruits so we could make a fruit bowl. I also got some candy and drinks for all sixteen of us. Chan had also packed some nice stuff so we decided to leave. That was when I got curious about the locked up zombies in the storage room. I was wondering how he got locked up there. I signed Chan that I was going to check and before he could say anything to stop me I stepped forward to open the storage room.

Inside, there were lots of shelfs. I was sure we would find something to eat in here as well. There also were some plastick bags. I started to go in deeper because I couldn't see anything because of the darkness.
Suddenly, I got hit back by something hard that threw itself at me. I screamed as I stumbled backward. Luckily, Chan was already there catching me. I quickly got up. The last thing I was was a blood covered face. A man whose organs hang out and who's body was completely covered in red. He seemed to be an employee as he wore a workers uniform. I rubbed my wrist. This guy was pretty strong. It hurt so badly. Chan quickly took me by my arm and pulled me out on the streets. In order to be as quiet as possible he only whispered curses. "Why in the world would you go in there if you knew there would be a zombie!?" He quietly scolded me. I couldn't say a word out of shook.

As we finally arrived we quickly closed the door throwing everything we've got into the ground. "YESS!" Jisung screamed out of excitment. "What happened? You two look really stressed out". Felix looked worried. " Long story short: changbin got nearly bitten by a zombie!" Chan said looking me deadly in the eye. "But I'm fine!" I added, finally finding my voice again. "I hope you are!" Hyunjin said. Yungyu and Jisung both already had their arms filled up with stuff they wanted to eat. "Hey! I think we should be sharing!" I said. "Who just risked their asses to get you some food? Huh!?" The two of them sighed but let go off the stuff. "Thank youu!" Seungheon said with the cutest smile ever. Minho looked like a proud mom. It was a really funny view. "Let's eat then!" Minho said signing his members to sit down.

We knew we were going to die if we wouldn't escape from this jungkyard anytime soon. But for now we had to live in the moment. And I already knew a wasn't going to let any of them die.

_____________________________________________

(a/n) Hello! It's me again! I wanted to thank you so much for reading this story! It means a lot to me. At the time I'm writing this I know there aren't many people reading but everytime I open wattpad to see some new readers, it warms my heart. So thank you soooo much! 🥰
I hope you keep on liking this story!
Until the next update! Byee! 🥰