Five- Caligo

Chapter Five- Caligo

The walk back to school was pleasent as me and Sebastian made small talk

The walk back to school was pleasent as me and Sebastian made small talk. He told me about his kingdom and how much he loved it there, sometimes his expression said different but I never liked to press.

"So, there is a whole celebration held for you and your sister on the day of your birthday?" I asked curiously.

"Yep, it's like a massive birthday party. I am surprised you never hear about it. What's the deal at Hogwarts? are you all just locked in there from the start of September till the end of each term?" Sebastian asked me as he began to walk across a wall with his arms out trying to keep his balance.

"Well, I just don't think Hogwarts ever gets an invitation from a kingdom Sebastian. It's not like any of us are special or anything. We are just witches and wizards wanting to learn magic so we can gain a good career" I explained as I watched the Prince playing around like he had nothing to worry about.

Not that he did, he was a Prince after all and never had to ever worry about finding a good job to be able to support himself.

"So, you say you want to be an auror huh? I bet you didn't appeciate my suggestion of the school teaching certain spells?" he said with a grin.

"I honestly don't know how to answer that. Unforgivable curses are called that for a reason, however I kind of get where you're coming from" I answered honestly.

"If it's a life or death situation sometimes exceptions have to be made. That's how I see it anyway" Sebastian replied in a low voice.

He now stood upon the edge of the road where the path dipped down heading towards The Black Lake. I watched him curiously as he looked out into the distance, his eyes twinkling in admiration at the scenary before him. I couldn't deny that the Prince was handsome, and that I hadn't found myself looking at him a lot more during our trip into Hogmeade.

"You know, this place is really something" Sebastian said suddenly bringing me out of my trance.

"Oh, yeah. I am certainly going to miss this place when I leave" I replied as I joined him. "I doubt this place is as spectacular as your Kingdom is though. I expect everything is really grand and expensive."

"Hmm, I wouldn't exactly say that" he hummed. "It's actually nothing compared to this" he motioned around the surroundings with his arms. "Out here there is much more of a sense of freedom. Yeah, the palace and everything is all about riches but this is real."

The mask of the cocky Prince had suddenly been removed and had been replaced by a normal eighteen year old seeing the real world for the first time. His eyes full of curiosity and admiration.