Chapter 9

You stare into the nothingness. You screamed until your voice sputtered and gave out. Whatever it was, it was real. That much you knew, no matter how ardently you attempted to lie to yourself, you no longer could. You were willing to overlook and ignore more than perhaps the average person, but even you couldn't stomach whatever this was. It made its presence known as you put the glasses on, and you had the horrifying realization that it was entirely possible that the clown creature could be invisible and simply biding its time in the room with you unseen when you took the glasses off. You rub your cheek once more where it had licked you. Its tongue was slow and deliberate, as though it was tasting you. You shudder at the thought. The thing looked like a crossroad between a man in a clown costume, a ragdoll, and some sort of animal. It made no sound and moved with a horrifying speed and agility, like some sort of predator. You're shaking. You can't seem to stop shaking. You try to climb over the duvet covers to climb out of the bed, but you can't seem to maneuver your body. You must be in shock. You see dark spots begin to appear at the corners of your vision like little raindrops on pavement. They grow larger, taking up more of your eye space in that awfully familiar way, and your last thought, before you're consciousness slipped away, was, "I cannot fucking pass out right now."